Where would I put it now.
Hobbywise?
  • oden
  • 04-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Investment wise.
Gold & gold stocks
  • thx
  • 04-30-2011, 07:29 PM
seriously... where would be good place? interest rates are almost zilch. national debt is pushing down the US dollar, which in turn makes the gas and other imports more expensive.
I want gold in one hand. Lead in the other. Right WTF?
Where would I put it now. Originally Posted by oden
This is more than a little openended

I hear this is a good time to get in on Royal Wedding memoribilia
Just give it all to me and I will take care of it for you. Lol.
Well Oden, you did ask for investment advice on a SHMB. I would think from the heights of Asgard you would be giving us investment advice. Or should we ask Loki?
To borrow a phrase from Htowner: Put it in your 4ho1K.

I'm in gold and petro stocks now along with some international funds. Will bail out of certain petro stocks as gas prices rise and their earnings ceiling approaches. Trying to avoid any long term CDs and Bonds. Don't think the dollar will 'collapse' but it will continue to be devalued and interest rates and inflation will rise.
If you want to play with currencies (not for the faint of heart) I would guess that Canadian Dollars are a prudent investment vis a vis US Dollars; same with Australian Dollars. Currencies can do strange things but over the short-medium turn CAD and AUD should continue to get stronger vis a vis USD.
I think oil company stocks are not a bad place to be right now. Oil won't be effected much by a declining dollar. I don't expect a dollar "collapse" but there may be some continuing downward pressure on the dollar and unlike gold, there is actually a real demand for oil, and one that will grow as the economy comes back in the next several years. I see oil back at $150/bbl. in the not too distant future.

Of the major oil companies right now, I like Total, Exxon, Petrobas, (and maybe BP) in that order.
  • WTF
  • 05-04-2011, 07:07 AM
I want gold in one hand. Lead in the other. Right WTF? Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius

Copper stocks have been a way better play than gold. Glenn Beck and Fox News are leading their followers to the Neatherlands for a history lesson in Tulip speculation. It will not be pretty for holders of gold.

Lead has been selling like crazy to crazies at gun shows ever since Obama was elected.
Copper stocks have been a way better play than gold. Glenn Beck and Fox News are leading their followers to the Neatherlands for a history lesson in Tulip speculation. It will not be pretty for holders of gold.

Lead has been selling like crazy to crazies at gun shows ever since Obama was elected. Originally Posted by WTF
Gun ownership is crazy?????

I've been recycling lead long before Obama was heard of.

I just hoard more of it now so if need be I know where it is.