Test of Champion Saturday

Saturday marks the last leg of the Triple Crown, the Belmont Stakes.

Have had much more success in this race than the Preakness as I hit the super in 2015 and 2018 along with several tris over the years.

My top pick is going to be Tapit Trice. Ran a good 7th in the Derby considering he got mugged at the start and raced wide thruout with a lot of dirt thrown in his face.

Forte may need a race after being off more than 2 months after his Florida Derby win. Exotics? You bet!

Angel of Empire, the Arkansas Derby champ was coming hard late to finish a close 3rd in the Derby. Should appreciate the added furlong. Exotics with a win possibility.

A live log shot may be Arcangelo as he appears to be a late maturing 3-yo. Has improved Beyers in each start this year, and at 10-1 or more, should add value to an exotic ticket.

Still like National Treasure as he certainly again will be the early speed. But can he take more distance after wheeling back in 2 weeks?

Tapit Shoes may have a chance as he has the pedigree to get the distance, but runs greenly with a paddling motion and can drift in and out in the stretch.

Red Route One may be able to get a piece of the action.

What do you think?
oppps, please move to sandbox mods
Angel of Empire/Red Route One exacta.
oppps, please move to sandbox mods Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid
i was gonna post the same thing.
use the RTM (report to moderator) icon (little white triangle w/ red border) and ask them to do so.
I think I'm not betting until there is an all-clear (pun incidental).

https://apnews.com/article/canada-wi...9f97882ebc3808
I think I'm not betting until there is an all-clear (pun incidental).

https://apnews.com/article/canada-wi...9f97882ebc3808 Originally Posted by Chung Tran
According to HRN,Belmont is going to be open today for 5 graded stakes on the card.
Tapit Trice is the winner. Anything near 3/1 fire away, thus horse should tun away. Use Red route underneath in exotics.
Tapit Trice is the winner. Anything near 3/1 fire away, thus horse should tun away. Use Red route underneath in exotics. Originally Posted by Blavish
Will use RR1 in one super ticket, but he just never seems to get there and barely beat Tapit Shoes in a stakes at Oaklawn 2 back.
Hit the super, but it got diluted by the dead heat for 4th...still a 200-1 payout. Should be a great year going forward as the winner plus Forte, Angel of Empire, and Tapit trice all appear to be solid talents.
3 year old thoroughbreds running in compromised air quality, all the handicapping knowledge in the sport could not help predict this race. If my horse I would have got them out of town ASAP. That was some messed up soup to compete in.
3 year old thoroughbreds running in compromised air quality, all the handicapping knowledge in the sport could not help predict this race. If my horse I would have got them out of town ASAP. That was some messed up soup to compete in. Originally Posted by ahab11
Yea, it was a mess for sure, and I may have done the same. But i felt the race ran true to form, the best horses were right there at the end.
3 year old thoroughbreds running in compromised air quality, all the handicapping knowledge in the sport could not help predict this race. If my horse I would have got them out of town ASAP. That was some messed up soup to compete in. Originally Posted by ahab11
Air quality was very good Friday and pristine on Saturday. Horses could be affected by bad air on previous days, but nit much that can be done about that.
Three year olds are still newbies in training and anything that disrupts training is a risk. That's why some trainers dope their horses so not to miss a single training session.