Dexter the Series and yes I know I'm late lol

Ok yall, so I'm just now finding out about the Dexter series. Omg where have I been lol. If anyone knows me know I love horror and psycho movies/shows lol. I'm on season 2 and I'm hooked. I've been binge watching since I first started lol. One of the best shows I've ever watched. Do/Did you guys enjoy it as much as I am? What are your thoughts? Any other series like Dexter that I can binge?

BTW I fell out when the black dude said surprise motherfucker lmaoo I always wanted to know where that gif/meme came from
Ok yall, so I'm just now finding out about the Dexter series. Omg where have I been lol. If anyone knows me know I love horror and psycho movies/shows lol. I'm on season 2 and I'm hooked. I've been binge watching since I first started lol. One of the best shows I've ever watched. Do/Did you guys enjoy it as much as I am? What are your thoughts? Any other series like Dexter that I can binge?

BTW I fell out when the black dude said surprise motherfucker lmaoo I always wanted to know where that gif/meme came from Originally Posted by Nina the Dicknapper
I loved Dexter, a friend told me about it and I was hooked from the first time I saw it.

The books about Dexter are even better, and the series ending wasn't that great, but still better than most.

P.S. Nice boobs.
I loved Dexter, a friend told me about it and I was hooked from the first time I saw it.

The books about Dexter are even better, and the series ending wasn't that great, but still better than most.

P.S. Nice boobs. Originally Posted by slubby
Books?? Omg I have to catch up. Do you know the the titles or are the books called Dexter too?

P.S. let me hump you lmao
Books?? Omg I have to catch up. Do you know the the titles or are the books called Dexter too?

P.S. let me hump you lmao Originally Posted by Nina the Dicknapper
Here's the link for all the books:

https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/dexter/

P.S. Send me your references so I can screen you.
Here's the link for all the books:

https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/dexter/

P.S. Send me your references so I can screen you. Originally Posted by slubby
Thank you Slubbz

P. S. I have 151 references we cool? How much? Lmao
It's starts out very good, but it's start to go off the rails a bit and "jumps the shark" a bit in the later seasons. I think it peaks at the fourth season and then it's gets a little hit and miss from there imo.
Shitty ending to dexter ....so glad I didn’t commit 7 years or more to watching it because the way the ending was left I imagine it left a lot of fans that watched all those years very disappointed

You’ll like:
nurse Jackie
Znation is pretty funny too
Greenleaf

They aren’t like dexter but definitely binge worthy
they tried to stretch out the series and ruined it..... however the first few seasons are great!!! enjoy!!
Another great series I never started. I finished all of my stuff and just started GOT, I like it but hasn't been binge worthy yet.

I finished "the good place" in two days lol but that speaks for the type of shows I enjoy. I was glued to handmaids tale also as fucked up as it was.

Bummer dexter has a bad ending to the series, I enjoy the first few seasons of supernatural and just started sucking the more it got into it.
  • L.A.
  • 04-24-2019, 08:10 AM
When I commit to a show, I commit to a show lol. I watched all of Dexter, Lost, and Heroes. I gave up on The Walking Dead. It started feeling like a job having to watch it every week. Maybe I don't always commit lol.

Speaking of Dexter, Did you see the episode where he killed that guy? OMG that was a good one.
Great show
Awesome show! I binged it a few years ago. First few seasons were great. The last couple of seasons were meh. Endig was okay I thought, not great but not bad either.

My favorite season was the Trinity killer season. John Lithgow was beyond terrifying in that role. He was so messed up.

Been meaning to read the books. Thanks for reminding me about them.
I gave up on The Walking Dead. It started feeling like a job having to watch it every week. Originally Posted by L.A.
Same here. It's one of the only shows I've ever gotten into where I genuinely have no desire to watch anymore. Think the second ep of season 7 is where I just lost all interest.

On second thought, How to Get Away with Murder was another one. They lost me after the second season.
  • Lahk
  • 04-25-2019, 10:03 AM
Dexter was great up thru season 4 or 5.

My other binge-worthy series that may have been under some people's radar:

Person of Interest. First season was decent, but then each season after was just fantastic. Excellent character development. And when someone dies...holy crap, you feel it. Looking at you Johnny Cash, Hurt. Best series ending ever.

Fringe. Another show that started off mediocre, but then became excellent. First season is just an X Files show of the week ripoff and can be skipped. The story doesn't really start until 2nd season, and then it's a hell of a ride until the end.

Orchid Black. Clones! Tatiana Maslany does an amazing job playing so many different characters. Really fun show with great characters and some good twists.

Justified. A show about Kentucky criminals just shouldn't be this good.
  • Crock
  • 04-25-2019, 10:33 AM
It's starts out very good, but it's start to go off the rails a bit and "jumps the shark" a bit in the later seasons. I think it peaks at the fourth season and then it's gets a little hit and miss from there imo. Originally Posted by TheOracle
Hammer, meet nail. The first few seasons are excellent, and then it goes downhill.

Anyone watched Santa Clarita Diet? It sounds like it might have some potential, but I haven't watched the first one yet.