"Proper" provider behavior

The other day I called a provider in Vegas to introduce myself and get pre-screened before my arrival in two weeks. When she didn't pick up, as I was leaving a message I saw another call coming in from her number. Given the discretion in this industry I didn't know if it was normal for a provider to call a potential client not having a specific request to do so, e.g. "This is x, please call me."

I realize the fact that she had missed my call by seconds meant it was most likely safe for her to call, but I was still kind of taken aback by her initiating a call when we hadn't even spoken yet. I could very easily have been around someone who might have wondered to whom I was talking.
This seems to be an over reaction on your part. You said you were still on the phone leaving a message. If she missed your call by seconds a return call should be fine. If you are in a position not to talk then why would you call? I appreciate when a provider returns my call immediately. If I am in a situation where I cannot talk I turn my hobby phone off.
This seems to be an over reaction on your part. You said you were still on the phone leaving a message. If she missed your call by seconds a return call should be fine. If you are in a position not to talk then why would you call? I appreciate when a provider returns my call immediately. If I am in a situation where I cannot talk I turn my hobby phone off. Originally Posted by Budman
What he said.
Budman said it best.
My position is that you should never call or call back unless given permission to
Just call me....PLEAZE
I agree with Sweet N Little. I personally never return a missed call unless I receive a voice mail asking me to do so no matter if I missed the call be a couple seconds or a couple of minutes.
The other day I called a provider in Vegas to introduce myself and get pre-screened before my arrival in two weeks. When she didn't pick up, as I was leaving a message I saw another call coming in from her number. Given the discretion in this industry I didn't know if it was normal for a provider to call a potential client not having a specific request to do so, e.g. "This is x, please call me."

I realize the fact that she had missed my call by seconds meant it was most likely safe for her to call, but I was still kind of taken aback by her initiating a call when we hadn't even spoken yet. I could very easily have been around someone who might have wondered to whom I was talking. Originally Posted by iso_women
Just call me....[SIZE=4[/SIZE] Originally Posted by Abe Normal
Do I have permission? Lol!!
This seems to be an over reaction on your part. You said you were still on the phone leaving a message. If she missed your call by seconds a return call should be fine. If you are in a position not to talk then why would you call? I appreciate when a provider returns my call immediately. If I am in a situation where I cannot talk I turn my hobby phone off. Originally Posted by Budman
I agree. You were still on the phone leaving a message. If it was safe for you to call her. It is safe for her to call you. This has actually happened to me a couple of times. No problem. Now, if you didn't give her permission and more than 5 minutes elapsed since your initial call, then I'd call foul.
This is why I don't deal with listing a number on the net. Everyone has different ways of looking at things, so this way there is no confusion. What really annoys me is when I get emails like this..."Hey London can you call me at 333&&987788 so we can set up an appt.?" That call will never be made because until I have verified someone, there is no need to discuss anything.
This is why I don't deal with listing a number on the net. Everyone has different ways of looking at things, so this way there is no confusion. What really annoys me is when I get emails like this..."Hey London can you call me at 333&&987788 so we can set up an appt.?" That call will never be made because until I have verified someone, there is no need to discuss anything. Originally Posted by London Rayne
I agree with you , London (as usual ;-)...) I never use phones anyway. They annoy me and make much more work then necessary. I use them for a guy to call once he is downstairs to get my room number...but that is as far as phone conversations go. Since i never set up last minute appts. phone is not necessary anyways.
As to the question, well, if its really just happening a call back i would say is ok. hours later... not so appropriate
Agreed! I used a phone for 6 months when I first started and I found guys who call are always last minute, late night, drunk, or no refs. No thanks!
I have NO reason to talk to a client on the phone until you've been screened...none whatsoever....Bottom line.
This is why I don't deal with listing a number on the net. Everyone has different ways of looking at things, so this way there is no confusion. What really annoys me is when I get emails like this..."Hey London can you call me at 333&&987788 so we can set up an appt.?" That call will never be made because until I have verified someone, there is no need to discuss anything. Originally Posted by London Rayne
exactly.

Even the emails saying "Call me 98793792" and that's it.

I'm thinking "Uh yeah didn't you read my website?.. No I won't call you!!! Send detailed email first or fill out the form!!".. .DELETE!

UGH!
All the requirements and we pay the bills. Now thats a business