Donate to Romney, Be Investigated

Sheldon Adelson, large Republican donor (meaning that he gives lots of money to Republicans, not that he favors obese Republicans) and owner of the Las Vegas Sands Corporation, is being investigated by the Obama Administration for financial misconduct occurring in the mid-2000s.

In what can only be called an ironic coincidence, Adelson has donated much money to the Romney campaign, and has promised to donate more.

But that has nothing to do with the investigation; that would be unethical.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,2898540.story

• Doove
  • 08-07-2012, 04:11 AM
So you're on record as saying that people who donate to Romney should be able to get away with criminal behavior.
Ok,
That has to be the dumbest paper in the world.

Him breaking the law and who he donates money to shouldnt even be on the same page.

In other news...

jeffrey dahmer who killed and ate people voted on a liberal ticket......
Actually, donating to Romney or Obama should be considered criminal behavior. My point was that the Obama administration is looking a lot like the Nixon administration.

Do you think that when the Justice Department investigates, it is only because of certain criminal behavior? Or might it be political retaliation? This is a warning shot. The Obama administration is saying "Don't cross me."
Actually, donating to Romney or Obama should be considered criminal behavior. My point was that the Obama administration is looking a lot like the Nixon administration.

Do you think that when the Justice Department investigates, it is only because of certain criminal behavior? Or might it be political retaliation? This is a warning shot. The Obama administration is saying "Don't cross me." Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Why just this guy and not others? Why an investigation at all?

Who knows? Not you. Any reason you come up with is just a guess. A guess based on your beliefs (or lack of).
  • CJ7
  • 08-07-2012, 01:14 PM
a betcha they just wanted his college records
  • Doove
  • 08-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Do you think that when the Justice Department investigates, it is only because of certain criminal behavior? Or might it be political retaliation? This is a warning shot. The Obama administration is saying "Don't cross me." Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yeah, we all know this would be the first time a rich guy who contributed to a political campaign was crooked.
I think it is more political retaliation Nixon-style than a criminal investigation. This Justice Department seems to pick and choose who they will investigate. I guess we'll see.