Hows the nightlife in Houston? Can anyone help?

Hi, I will be visiting Houston towards the end of this month and wanted to get some recommendations on places to go during the evening. Your feed back is much appreciated

Julie
Well, you probably don't want to come to my apartment , so....

What side of town, Julie? Starting with the Galleria/Uptown area, Yelp members rate these pretty high:

Wild West off Richmond.
The Black Swan at the Omni off Riverway.
Belvedere on Uptown Park.
Club Roxy on Alabama. (Been there forever. I was going dancing there in my 20's, and I'm 53 now. )

Upper Kirby:

McGonigel's Mucky Duck on Norfolk. (Where else would an Irish girl recommend? My fav.)
Queen Vic Pub and Kitchen on Richmond. (No music, however, but a nice upscale pub with good English/Indian fusion food.)

The Heights:

Fitzgerald's off White Oak. (One, if not THE oldest live music venue in Houston.)

Downtown:

House of Blues off Caroline.

North:

The Concert Pub off FM1960, (and it's sister location near The Galleria) is a laid-back, come-in-whatever-you-have-on-at-the-time place to hear good live music. (My second fav, near my incall.) Biker friendly.

Welcome to Houston. Have fun.
I agree with everything Fancy mentioned above... I also think that City Centre has a variety of dining, entertainment, music, and shopping all combined into one!

http://citycentrehouston.com
Midtown has a variety of clubs and restuarants
All depends on what you want...we have a little of everything...Clubs...Roc, Uropa, Armandos on Thursday nights....Wasington Ave is loaded with clubs for your age...etc, etc.

If you need someone to show you around just ask , but I'm sure your pm is blowing up...no line waiting here dinner and drinks on me

What you see is what you get.

Minimally, have a great visit!
Hey Fancy, I always look at McGonigals to see if anyone is playing any celtic music, but everytime I check it is either a progressive rock band or some fol music or some other crap. Do they ever get celtic acts anymore?