Houston Red Lght Cameras....

• Satin
  • 07-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Well boys and girls, just a heads up - our favorite mayor has given the "green light" to turn the red light cameras back on. They were turned off in November, but turned back on this Saturday. Let the tickets begin....thanks mayor Parker!!!
Spineless bitch.
She is what she eats! Lol!
It's all about the $$$$$ as most things with politicians.
If one gets one of these red-light tickets, it would appear that there are no consequences to not paying - that's what I will do if I get one.
Well boys and girls, just a heads up - our favorite mayor has given the "green light" to turn the red light cameras back on. They were turned off in November, but turned back on this Saturday. Let the tickets begin....thanks mayor Parker!!! Originally Posted by Satin
UGH!
It seems there was a big uproar due to what the city would "owe" the camera equipment company due primarily to Breach of Contract and Damages to Equipment.

As with all things central government, it's more about f'ing the people. I thought there was a vote to turn those things off...one where the actual people had a say- shows what they think of you and your "votes", huh?
  • bbkid
  • 07-11-2011, 08:02 AM
As with all things central government, it's more about f'ing the people. I thought there was a vote to turn those things off...one where the actual people had a say- shows what they think of you and your "votes", huh? Originally Posted by h2theizzo
Yep sir. What good did it do to vote?
I would hope that ignoring the population vote would be remembered when
she and other council members that sided with her are on the ballot again.
Ignoring the population vote should be political sucide.
My dad, who has been driving since he was 18 and is now in his late 60’s, has never IN HIS LIFE gotten a ticket or had an accident, yet last summer he got a red light ticket in the mail. Total bullshit. My dad is the safest, most honest person I know. He would not even think of running a red light. Let along really run one.
He would not even think of running a red light. Let along really run one. Originally Posted by Brooke Wild
I am sure that is true.

But did he run one?

"A red light camera, also known as a red-light safety camera[1] or an intersection safety camera,[2][3] is a traffic enforcement camera that captures an image of a vehicle passing through an intersection against a red traffic light.[4] "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_light_camera

I mean did you look at the photograph?
Not defending the Mayor but the reason that the HAD to turn the cameras back on was because a Judge ruled that our referendum was invalid. He said that it wasn't allowed under our city constitution, therefore should'nt have been allowed on the ballot for voting.
Hi Gator, I had heard the same thing, how can we find out Who the Judge Is? I would like to know?

I did see "Gina" the Mayor talking about this and having way to big of fucking smirk on her face as she explained the bullshit.

Thanks in Advance.
U.S. District Judge Lynn Hughes ruled Friday that the referendum was improperly placed on the ballot last year, and the city cannot be forced to turn off the cameras.
Hughes said Houston's city charter requires that efforts to overturn ordinances by referendum must occur within 30 days of an ordinance's passage.
** copied for the Houston Chronicle

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7615284.html#ixzz1Rpy5WbS3
Shouldn't this be in the Alerts section?