Question about the Woodlands/Conroe/Shenandoah

Please excuse my simple questions, but I have no knowledge of the Northside & I'm trying to pick a good location.

Is the Woodlands/Conroe/Shenandoah/Spring basically the same area?

From what I have gathered, if I'm coming from downtown on 45 first I'll hit Spring, then the Woodlands, then Shenandoah, then Conroe.

When I google the distance from Spring to Conroe it says 16 miles, but is that 16 miles at 70 mph or 16 miles at 30 mph??? ... is traffic on that section of 45 pretty consistent with all the other freeways in Houston?

I'm trying to make my hotel reservations & finalize my plans, but I'm overwhelmed with the amount of choices & feeling anxious with my lack of knowledge of the area

I greatly appreciate any feedback. I think I will sit tight tonight & wait to see what the response is here before booking a room.

As always, if you are uncomfortable posting, please feel free to PM me.

Sincerely,
Brooke
Well you have good hotels to choose from
Pick anything close to loop 99
Your easy access at that area for north Houston all the way to Conroe
Good luck and have Fun!!

When I google the distance from Spring to Conroe it says 16 miles, but is that 16 miles at 70 mph or 16 miles at 30 mph??? ... Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde

Im pretty sure its 16 miles no matter what speed you are traveling...
I think she is trying to figure out if it usually takes 15-20 minutes or 60+minutes to travel the 16 miles. Traffic going North on I-45 from Houston eases up once you get past Hardy Toll/Rayford/Sawdust. Travel between Spring & Conroe is usually pretty quick & efficient in either direction.
Im pretty sure its 16 miles no matter what speed you are traveling... Originally Posted by Chlorine
Lol ... don't make me beat you up

You know what I meant ...

If you're going 30 MPH for 16 miles, that's like 30 minutes, but if you're going 60 MPH for 16 miles, that's like 15 minutes
I think she is trying to figure out if it usually takes 15-20 minutes or 60+minutes to travel the 16 miles. Traffic going North on I-45 from Houston eases up once you get past Hardy Toll/Rayford/Sawdust. Travel between Spring & Conroe is usually pretty quick & efficient in either direction. Originally Posted by MarcellusWalluz

Yes sir! Someone understands my blonde grammar and mathematical equations
Thankfully I made it. Traffic wasn't that bad. It was just so confusing yesterday searching Woodlands hotels and being bombarded with results for 10 and 20 miles away.
Lol ... don't make me beat you up

You know what I meant ...

If you're going 30 MPH for 16 miles, that's like 30 minutes, but if you're going 60 MPH for 16 miles, that's like 15 minutes Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde

If you're going 30 MPH for 16 miles, that's like 30 minutes, but if you're going 60 MPH for 16 miles, that's like 15 minutes Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde

Hooker math...Heh!
Hooker math...Heh! Originally Posted by boardman
I was rounding up ... or was it down ... either way, I can't be that far off
So how long did it end up taking you ? timewise....

(asking for a friend)
It was horrible traffic wise. One day it took me an hour and 18 minutes to get from Downtown to the Woodlands at 4pm.

Then another day I had a slight emerengcy in Houston so I had to leave the Woodlands at 6pm and it took me an hour and 40 minutes! I was almost crying watching my GPS.

Another day it was so bad I took 288 to 610 over the ship channel, then on to the hardy toll road just to avoid 45. Even though I went out of my way mileage wise, I still made better timing then if I would've taken 45 all the way.

Then, as if the traffic wasn't bad enough, I got a ticket the FIRST NIGHT I WAS THERE! Doing 67 mph in a 45 mph (I was on the feeder).
It was horrible traffic wise. One day it took me an hour and 18 minutes to get from Downtown to the Woodlands at 4pm.

Then another day I had a slight emerengcy in Houston so I had to leave the Woodlands at 6pm and it took me an hour and 40 minutes! I was almost crying watching my GPS. Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
You have GPS?

I
Another day it was so bad I took 288 to 610 over the ship channel, then on to the hardy toll road just to avoid 45. Even though I went out of my way mileage wise, I still made better timing then if I would've taken 45 all the way.

Then, as if the traffic wasn't bad enough, I got a ticket the FIRST NIGHT I WAS THERE! Doing 67 mph in a 45 mph (I was on the feeder). Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
Wait... is that in a Mustang?

• pxmcc
  • 07-07-2019, 11:41 PM
get some lights
"emergency" and what have you..