Half hour providers chime in please

The price of gas is down. Inflation is still at bay. The dollar has gained considerable ground against the Euro. With that in mind, why have certain Houston favorites raised their 30 minute rates from 100 to 120 or 125?

Think of it the other way around, let's say your time cost 150. Wouldn't you feel like you were nickled and dimed if you were asked for the 10 change?!?!? This is no different imho.
c-men, I do not understand, do you 'contribute' in euros or gas coupons? I do agree that prices not easily divisible by 20 are just another way to ask for a tip.
i added a half hour bc most clients i see go within the first 20 mins and bc they are married pressed for time, and pressed for cash, makes perfect sense.
It takes me more than thirty minutes just to get the rocket ready to launch... and that doesn't include the countdown...
c-men, I do not understand, do you 'contribute' in euros or gas coupons? I do agree that prices not easily divisible by 20 are just another way to ask for a tip. Originally Posted by jjflash
I don't offer half hours or even hours, but my rates for ECCIE are not dividable by 20. Hmmmm, I really never thought about that in regard to a "tip." It just felt odd to me to advertise $260 for a basic session instead of $250. My rates for non-members are dividable by 20, but higher, as in $300 per the same amount of time I give the lovely gentlemen here for $250. No one has had a problem so far, and I'd like to hope you mathematically-challenged guys can figure out a division by 50.

As most gentlemen make appointments with us ladies at least a couple hours in advance (more in my case as I rarely can accommodate a last-minute request due to the distance I live from Houston proper), are you saying that's not enough time to get change if worried about it? If someone asked for change back, I wouldn't consider it nickel or dime stuff; if a hobbyist is that concerned with $10 in change, I would be concerned about his economic stability, and therefore turn him down or away as he couldn't afford me, and I would just feel too guilty to take any of his money.

The bank I use offers money in all denominations including coins. This allows me to take care of my contributions regardless of how the math works out...

It is the neatest thing?
The bank I use offers money in all denominations including coins. This allows me to take care of my contributions regardless of how the math works out...

It is the neatest thing? Originally Posted by cmspec
Yea, I don't have a problem bringing the amount requested and then I can leave any tip, or no tip, at my discretion.
Can you even get those coin-shuckers to hang on your belt anymore? Those things are tres chic.

Any of you high volume girls providing quarter-hour liaisons? I have an old clicker somewhere I used to use when fishing to make sure I didn't exceed my limit...you're welcome to it if I can find it. I don't fish anymore, too many friggin' rules and restrictions these days, plus it would of been just a matter of time before I caught one of those jet-ski assholes who spooked my fish and drownded his ass.
I don't offer half hours or even hours, but my rates for ECCIE are not dividable by 20. Hmmmm, I really never thought about that in regard to a "tip." It just felt odd to me to advertise $260 for a basic session instead of $250. My rates for non-members are dividable by 20, but higher, as in $300 per the same amount of time I give the lovely gentlemen here for $250. No one has had a problem so far, and I'd like to hope you mathematically-challenged guys can figure out a division by 50.

Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
They told me there would be no math...
i added a half hour bc most clients i see go within the first 20 mins and bc they are married pressed for time, and pressed for cash, makes perfect sense. Originally Posted by subcilla

Another provider that needs to be added to the "I get it " list!!!
  • bbkid
  • 06-13-2010, 07:47 PM

Another provider that needs to be added to the "I get it " list!!! Originally Posted by ratboy jam
Yup, she does get it.