Are Dems Trying To Play Too Dirty Now?

I would like to be clear that this is not a thread for MAGAs to parrot Trump and bitch about Kamala replacing Biden.

To the point of this thread, a friend of mine texted me the below article. She is even a bigger liberal than my girlfriend and she knows I am not liberal (she thinks I am a Republican.) Anyway, even she thought the below article was a bit much as far as fair play. I simply texted her back, "Yeah, it is a bit fucked up when CNN points that out in the Harris campaign, but it is dirty politics time down the home stretch."

I know it just a way to make Trump look old, clueless and stupid like he is. But I think there are more constructive ways to get that point across without stooping to Trump level low.

Thoughts? All is fair in a fight, or should there be boundaries for the sake of basic decency and civility?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/14/polit...dia/index.html
No they shouldn’t be doing that. Truthfully I am not sure why they are. Doesn’t Trump, Vance, MTG, and others do enough crazy stuff that they have enough to comment about.
They shouldn’t have to do that. But you’ve got to understand the state of play. Unfortunately, the undecided voter lives in that place.
Now???

So they were not previously??
Are they doing anything worse than what the Trump camp or Republicans are doing. If they are, then they shouldn’t. If it’s on par, no harm no foul. You play by the rules set by your opponent.
You mean using Stalinist lawfare tactics, bearing false witness on a Supreme Court nominee, obtaining illegal FISA warrants to spy on their opponents , threatening Judges, bullying folks in restaurants, weaponizing the DOJ and IRS and 2 phoney impeachment’s and a President who would use F15s on his own people wasn’t enough? I swear if I walked into a room of these Philistines and suggested that all Republicans should be interned in “reeducation camps” they’d all raise their hands and say it was a good idea. I could go on and on.

So now they are going to start playing dirty? Kumalot is the queen of nastiest! I think Id rather have a soapy enema everyday than have to listen to that nasally voice and that cringing cackling for the next 4 years.

There is absolutely NOTHING they would not do to stay in power including murder if they thought they could get away with it. You also can be sure that whatever they accuse their opponents of they are currently doing or have done it in the past.

These days if you call yourself a proud Democrat you must be either incredibly ignorant, deliberately ignorant or conscientiously evil.

I literally spit out my coffee when I read the title to this thread.
You mean blah blah blah... Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
No, I did not mean any of that shit. If I did, I would have provided a link to Laura Loomer's garbage. What I meant had to do with the link I provided and not a fucking thing to do with your whining MAGA rant... don't spit out your coffee and instead digest it so you can comprehend the simplicity of this thread better.

Edit for below: Fair enough. See how simple that was to post?
No, I did not mean any of that shit. If I did, I would have provided a link to Laura Loomer's garbage. What I meant had to do with the link I provided and not a fucking thing to do with your whining MAGA rant... don't spit out your coffee and instead digest it so you can comprehend the simplicity of this thread better. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Understand this….there is no such thing as too dirty for the Dims.
  • Tiny
  • 09-15-2024, 11:11 AM
I know it just a way to make Trump look old, clueless and stupid like he is. But I think there are more constructive ways to get that point across without stooping to Trump level low.

Thoughts? All is fair in a fight, or should there be boundaries for the sake of basic decency and civility?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/14/polit...dia/index.html Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Of course there should be boundaries. As Michelle Obama put it, "When they go low, we go high."

If Trump ditched his tariffs (which Biden copied) I could see voting for him on policy. I'm a lot more liberal than he is on social issues, foreign affairs and immigration, but his energy and tax policies are far better than Kamala's for my friends, family and me, and I think America. However his dishonesty as a politician and businessman make it where I won't vote for him.

Kamala Harris and her campaign are dishonest as well. They're much more talented liars than Trump and his campaign surrogates, so their lies and misrepresentations are harder to spot.

There are other people like me who either aren't going to vote or will vote for 3rd party candidates because they're fed up with the lying.

There are politicians who haven't done this shit, at least not nearly to the extent of the Trump and Harris campaigns. Bernie Sanders, Rand Paul, Hillary Clinton, and Jeff Flake come to mind. Kudos to them.

And kudos to you for your post. I thought the old objective McCain had been replaced by the new deep blue McCain. Maybe not. Harris has repeated all the misrepresentations in the CNN list except possibly the ones about J.D. Vance. The one about Vance and the VA was a huge whopper btw.
  • Tiny
  • 09-15-2024, 11:12 AM
No they shouldn’t be doing that. Truthfully I am not sure why they are. Doesn’t Trump, Vance, MTG, and others do enough crazy stuff that they have enough to comment about. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
Good answer.

Are they doing anything worse than what the Trump camp or Republicans are doing. If they are, then they shouldn’t. If it’s on par, no harm no foul. You play by the rules set by your opponent. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Of course you think that.
The only thing surprising is that it came from CNN.

I haven't seen a Harris add yet that wasn't full of lies.
In the same vein, don't forget what MSNBC did last month (see links below). Joe Rogan and Tulsi Gabbard should sue them.

People aren't stupid. This stuff tends to backfire.

https://www.instagram.com/tulsigabba...l/C-LneZjSfrK/

https://nypost.com/2024/08/28/media/...rris-comments/
Are they doing anything worse than what the Trump camp or Republicans are doing. If they are, then they shouldn’t. If it’s on par, no harm no foul. You play by the rules set by your opponent. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Please show us examples of Trump/GOP dirty tricks that are "on par" with the CNN examples of the Harris campaign's social media lies.

P.S. Did the DNC ever find the "pee tape"?
Of course there should be boundaries. As Michelle Obama put it, "When they go low, we go high." Originally Posted by Tiny
Eric Holder begs to differ...

You mean using Stalinist lawfare tactics, bearing false witness on a Supreme Court nominee, obtaining illegal FISA warrants to spy on their opponents , threatening Judges, bullying folks in restaurants, weaponizing the DOJ and IRS and 2 phony impeachment’s and a President who would use F-15s on his own people wasn’t enough? I swear if I walked into a room of these Philistines and suggested that all Republicans should be interned in “reeducation camps” they’d all raise their hands and say it was a good idea. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
+1

Hey Dali - You're absolutely right about the "reeducation camps". Hillary Clinton has been actively promoting the idea!

(I'll start a new thread so nobody thinks I'm hijacking this one.)