What if Trump doesn't deliver

This is not Trump bashing more a discussion item. What if Trump doesn't deliver. All presidents make grand statements then for whatever reason cannot deliver. Trump's supporters have high expectations, as did Obama supporters when he was sworn in. As time went on, and things personal to individuals were not met opinions changed. How will this situation be received for Trump. Remember I am not bashing Trump.
I doubt hillary is going to jail. But we do need a wall and a deportation force.
Thing is, he can't deliver on certain things because he promised things to too many people. You can't save coal jobs and support fracking. So one group will be left out. You can't promise infrastructure building and keep traditional republicans happy. You can't repel ACA without a sufficient replacement and make those people who like the parts you said you keep happy. You can't privatize Medicaid and keep those people happy. It goes on and on. He's gonna have to make a lot of groups upset. And that's where his not getting out of his business will come to hurt him. Congress is behind him now, if he starts losing those groups they will be ready to take him down. Because they are more in line with Pence anyway.
well, if ya listen to him, he never loses, I bet he's a whiz-bang at liars poker...
Unless he gets his business and legal affairs straight, he'll be unable to serve on Day One.
  • Loxly
  • 01-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Regardless of the person, every President can screw things up much easier than fix something. We give them a minimum of 4 years to fix what's been screwed up for 20 or 30 years.

If we're lucky they will focus on major issues that impact our own bottom line and not bullshit, bleeding heart issues.
+1

Regardless of the person, every President can screw things up much easier than fix something. We give them a minimum of 4 years to fix what's been screwed up for 20 or 30 years.

If we're lucky they will focus on major issues that impact our own bottom line and not bullshit, bleeding heart issues. Originally Posted by Loxly
What if Trump doesn't deliver?
His fans don't mind.
well for some reason 'we' blame whomever is President for all our Country's ills. Presidents actually have very little power on the Economy,, very little, this is proven. It is mostly luck from what I read on Bloomberg News..yes an uber Liberal news outlet...

Did Obama's policies create over 11mil jobs? NO! as all of educated folks know, the Economy is cyclical. In fact if you look at all the Technicals we are heading toward a mini recession in the next 2 years.. so the Libs will jump all over this and say its Trump fault.. again we all know it takes years for any new Policies to take effect.

Whatever will be will be.. I just roll with the punches...

If we're lucky they will focus on major issues that impact our own bottom line and not bullshit, bleeding heart issues. Originally Posted by Loxly
Yeah but a president lacking any type of government experience can screw things up far greater. And a cabinet with so many people lacking experience is not going to help. There is a reason so many experts and historians are worried.
well for some reason 'we' blame whomever is President for all our Country's ills. Presidents actually have very little power on the Economy,, very little, this is proven. It is mostly luck from what I read on Bloomberg News..yes an uber Liberal news outlet...

Did Obama's policies create over 11mil jobs? NO! as all of educated folks know, the Economy is cyclical. In fact if you look at all the Technicals we are heading toward a mini recession in the next 2 years.. so the Libs will jump all over this and say its Trump fault.. again we all know it takes years for any new Policies to take effect.

Whatever will be will be.. I just roll with the punches... Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY

Well that's the thing, we can say that the President has no influence on the economy or jobs. There is some truth to some of that. Because Congress is over the budget and spending, they have a big influence on that. But tell that to the Trump people cheering his bring jobs back. Funny that Trump is that one president who can fix the economy. The thing is Republicans want more private sector jobs. Democrats push for more government type jobs. The true win is when you have a healthy mix of both. That won't be happening. Republicans have control of it all until 2018 at least. That means less government jobs hiring, less infrastructure jobs, and with that less net gains in private sector jobs.
I think one of the main problems is Trump keeps backtracking on so much he's promised.. then he denies he ever said it, and changing direction.. so it's really a matter of which lie will he stand with, or deny.

I like his "fuck everybody" attitude, but now that the cards are dealt, it'll be interesting to see how he weasels out of his own business, ethics, legal problems.. He was forced to stand up in court a couple of days ago in one of his legal issues..

I don't think anyone, public or political, will stand by him for long when he's dividing his time between trying to cover his ass, go to jail , dis-entangle himself from conflict of interest problems, and actually doing the job he signed up to do.

I think this may be one of the most interesting terms in memory. His big mouth, and propensity for taking the short cuts will certainly keep him busy..

But... never fear, he'll end up blaming America for not doing it's part to make him "great"... by Twitter. LOL
"What if Trump doesn't deliver"

He's going to diliver!!! an A bomb to the first country that blows up one of his hotels # target

IB
Yeah, that's the ticket.
Yeah but a president lacking any type of government experience can screw things up far greater. And a cabinet with so many people lacking experience is not going to help. There is a reason so many experts and historians are worried. Originally Posted by Milly23
Nonsense. There's no pleasing you assholes. When Trump chooses a Washington insider (e.g. Dan Coats as DNI) you yell at him for not draining the swamp. And when he picks an outsider (e.g. Rex Tillerson at State) you whine about no government experience.

Whatever his Cabinet looks like, I trust Trump to hold his folks accountable. If any of them fuck up as badly as, for example, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius did with the Obamacare rollout, they will be gone in a New York minute.