OLDCHELLA

• Toyz
  • 05-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Some know that one of my hobbies is "collecting concerts". within the last year I've seen AC/DC (before Brian left), The Rolling Stones, The Who, Heart, Robert Plant, was front row for FooFighters & just returned from seeing the Rock and Roll Hall of fame induction with Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, Steve Miller & Chicago...

But....

The show of shows for us Boomers or post Boomers goes on sale Monday. Rolling Stones, Roger Waters, Neil Young, The Who, Bob Dylan &Paul McCartney will play full shows over 3 nights in Indio, Calfornia this October!

And I'll be there for the fun.
nice! (hey, i thought at least some of those guys were dead by now)

mick is the patron saint for ugly guys - be a rockstar and you will have groupies wherever you go! I got to see them from the rooftop pool at the omni overlooking petco park - seeing him on the concert bigscreen was a mixed blessing

good times - i presume you will be sampling the local talent...?
  • Toyz
  • 05-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Everytime another artist dies Mick Jagger experiences "the quickening"

This could be called "The Walking Dead" tour, except they all still rock.pretty hard.

Nah taking a date with me so will be tapping her instead of locals.
oh shit - you're saying "he's the ONE"?

lol

ugh

i always wondered when robert plant does concerts does he do the zep stuff AND disco robert plant in the same set?
  • Toyz
  • 05-04-2016, 05:17 PM
oh shit - you're saying "he's the ONE"?

lol

ugh

i always wondered when robert plant does concerts does he do the zep stuff AND disco robert plant in the same set? Originally Posted by endurance
He does a lot of Zep...and some pretty creative stuff with the backing band "The Incredible Shape Shifters". Still one of the best front men of all time.

Its worth the coin to here "Whole Lotta Love" or "California"
Saw the Stones at Zilker Park in October 2006 and they rocked.
Also their main request while in Austin was for Pinetop Perkins to be a guest backstage.Quite a lovely gesture on their part.
Btw-
I read that EACH act at Oldchella is gettin' a smooth $7mil.
One of only two concert tickets I have keep through the years Rolling Stones Sympathy for the Devil tour opening act Little Stevie Wonder!! 1st time seeing Stones out of 3X over the years.
Other I kept last night of the Armadillo World Headquarters New Years Eve 80.
  • Toyz
  • 05-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Saw the Stones at Zilker Park in October 2006 and they rocked.
Also their main request while in Austin was for Pinetop Perkins to be a guest backstage.Quite a lovely gesture on their part.
Btw-
I read that EACH act at Oldchella is gettin' a smooth $7mil. Originally Posted by Observing
Yah....7M each...for maybe 2 1/2 hours work....(McCartneys sets sometimes go 3 hours, but still).

With the price of the tickets ($399/$699/$999 & $1599 EACH)...they should still reap a nice profit.
  • Toyz
  • 05-04-2016, 09:48 PM
One of only two concert tickets I have keep through the years Rolling Stones Sympathy for the Devil tour opening act Little Stevie Wonder!! 1st time seeing Stones out of 3X over the years.
Other I kept last night of the Armadillo World Headquarters New Years Eve 80. Originally Posted by chairspud
I saw them in '88 I think, for Steel Wheels tour, once in the 00's, and last year...

Surprisingly, last year was the best...they were really into the show.

I think they have it planned really well...the three top bands-Stones/McCartney/The Who play on different nights. Thinking of Dylan, Young & Waters as WARM UP bands is kind of funny though.
Some know that one of my hobbies is "collecting concerts". within the last year I've seen AC/DC (before Brian left), The Rolling Stones, The Who, Heart, Robert Plant, was front row for FooFighters & just returned from seeing the Rock and Roll Hall of fame induction with Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, Steve Miller & Chicago...

But....

The show of shows for us Boomers or post Boomers goes on sale Monday. Rolling Stones, Roger Waters, Neil Young, The Who, Bob Dylan &Paul McCartney will play full shows over 3 nights in Indio, Calfornia this October!

And I'll be there for the fun. Originally Posted by Toyz
Hopefully you saw The Eagles when they were in Austin. And Springsteen.

Anyway, I envy you. Someone on Facebook sent me a link to the concert in Indio and it sounds fantastic.

www.DesertTrip.com
  • Toyz
  • 05-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Hopefully you saw The Eagles when they were in Austin. And Springsteen.

Anyway, I envy you. Someone on Facebook sent me a link to the concert in Indio and it sounds fantastic.

www.DesertTrip.com Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Have seen the eagles 3x and walsh by himself and henly by himself.

Have seen bruce 2x.

Yea am.looking forward to the trip. Fingers crossed that i can get face value tkts (699) so i dont have to drop 2K on them. But whatever it takes, im going

But like Twiggy says ima po...LOL.
  • Toyz
  • 05-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Just bought flights, locked in room, rental car...price gouging already starting but I beat most of it.