Is Everyone Crazy Busy

I used to be able to set aside time to play. Over the past several years my schedule has mutated into organized chaos.

Breakfast meetings.. More than half centered on prayers.. Take up 3 of 5 workday mornings. Conference calls, meetings, client calls, paperwork, working lunches, court, drafting documents, mentoring sessions, client gatherings, client recruitment, volunteer work, presentations, drinks with other attorneys to talk business, tactics, cases.. And the weekends are filled with fundraisers, speeches, soccer games, parent visits, clogged toilets, pulling kids on tubes behind the boat. My head is going to explode. Finding time to escape for some fun has morphed into a task often delayed or cancelled by factors out of my control. I'm really tired of self - satisfaction but it's been impromptu as the opportunity presents itself.

Just needed to vent folks.
A lot of people are more busy-- largely due to layoffs, etc... so those left still working are really working at a brisk pace these days just to keep up.

4 years ago... lunch dates always stayed the full hour... these days, it isn't uncommon for them to jump up and apologize "Hate to fuck and run, but I've got to get back".
Agreed, its to the point where I only schedule with ladies that are at least 10 minutes away and mostly bodyrubs only...but better to be busy than to be free and broke
I have my own business, so when I want to play at lunch I take a 90 minute lunch hour, 10-15 to get there, play, shower and 10-15 to get back. And I still work till 6:30 every day.
  • ktiix
  • 04-16-2015, 08:17 PM
I have to much free time. Be glad you're busy, this world really can suck when you have the time to look at it long enough.
I agree. I think the pace of life in Dallas has increased dramatically in the past year. Traffic is a sign of all the new people moving in because of our booming economy. This makes driving take longer and increases the stress level. One year ago I did not care where/when I drove to an incall. Now I ask where she is located first. Then have to plan when we meet to avoid traffic. Sorry ladies, BFE places like Frisco are GU.

Yes, life is trying to move at the speed of an email or text and it is not fun anymore.
I agree. I think the pace of life in Dallas has increased dramatically in the past year. Traffic is a sign of all the new people moving in because of our booming economy. This makes driving take longer and increases the stress level. One year ago I did not care where/when I drove to an incall. Now I ask where she is located first. Then have to plan when we meet to avoid traffic. Sorry ladies, BFE places like Frisco are GU.

Yes, life is trying to move at the speed of an email or text and it is not fun anymore. Originally Posted by dallaswill
Right on. My hobby moves are so much more driven by location, location, location than they used to be. If it's much more than 5 miles from my commuting path, I'm less likely to consider a date.

I'm also finding that I need to think more about the time the session starts/stops if I'm looking at scheduling around peak traffic times.
Right on. My hobby moves are so much more driven by location, location, location than they used to be. If it's much more than 5 miles from my commuting path, I'm less likely to consider a date.

I'm also finding that I need to think more about the time the session starts/stops if I'm looking at scheduling around peak traffic times. Originally Posted by TinMan
Yep and with NTTA going to add lanes from LBJ to 121 for the next 2 years or more and with Trinity Toll a possibility, and with Mixmaster work, etc, etc. I am predicting Hobbying will be more local than before.
I used to be able to set aside time to play. Over the past several years my schedule has mutated into organized chaos.

Breakfast meetings.. More than half centered on prayers.. Take up 3 of 5 workday mornings. Conference calls, meetings, client calls, paperwork, working lunches, court, drafting documents, mentoring sessions, client gatherings, client recruitment, volunteer work, presentations, drinks with other attorneys to talk business, tactics, cases.. And the weekends are filled with fundraisers, speeches, soccer games, parent visits, clogged toilets, pulling kids on tubes behind the boat. My head is going to explode. Finding time to escape for some fun has morphed into a task often delayed or cancelled by factors out of my control. I'm really tired of self - satisfaction but it's been impromptu as the opportunity presents itself.

Just needed to vent folks. Originally Posted by txcwby6
Yep-my Calendar looks like a poorly played game of Tetris...
Agreed Txcwby6. Never canceled an appt in 5 years, and am now almost afraid to schedule based on work BS that pops up at the last minute!

UGH!