Critique Thread for Photographers

I'll close with a head shot I really like of Dallas Bella from a couple of months ago. Same set up as above except now the 8' octa is camera right with a 1x5' strip box farther camera right at 90 degrees for the main.

No posts for several months.

Photographers don't hang out anymore?
Some shots from weekend before last of Selena51. I normally don't shoot ladies who don't show their face unless I've previously met them. But I made an exception since I've shot her new doubles partner Dallas Bella a couple of times before.

I'll be posting Bella's shots after she uses them in ads, so it will be a while. She wanted simpler, more informal lighting this time, so I used 1 8' octagonal soft box and 1 8'x8' white reflector only indoors, one strobe on flash bracket outdoors.

Since I was only using the one light I took the front and middle baffles out of the softbox which is fitted with a home made metal reflector (just like a beauty dish), in order to get a little more wrap around. So, in essence, it was an 8' umbrella.

Good stuff, dude.
Good stuff, dude. Originally Posted by Randall Creed
Thanks! I used the 17-70 D70 "kit lens" on the D300 and tried to stay on the long side.

But I still had to use a touch of lens distortion correction in post processing because the barrel distortion made it impossible to see just how tiny she is. That empire bench she's touching is uncomfortably small for a grown man to sit on. So I was amazed when she was able to actually lay down in it! If that isn't a "spinner" I don't know what is.

Photosession with the beautiful Isabella Arias. A true sweetheart.
Haven't had a critique in years so be nice.
Camera Canon 5Dmkii, Lens 28-70 f2.8, Natural light.
IMG #1 ISO 800, Speed 1/200, Fstop f/4
IMG #2 ISO 500, Speed 1/400, Fstop f/4

Isabella Arias Eccie

Permission given by client for posting.

Photosession with the beautiful Isabella Arias. A true sweetheart.
Haven't had a critique in years so be nice.
Camera Canon 5Dmkii, Lens 28-70 f2.8, Natural light.
IMG #1 ISO 800, Speed 1/200, Fstop f/4
IMG #2 ISO 500, Speed 1/400, Fstop f/4

Isabella Arias Eccie

Permission given by client for posting.

Originally Posted by DaNastyTruthArt

Thanks for posting! I like the second one in particular. I'd consider getting rid of the smoke detector in the first one though.
Last month's shoot with the lovely Dallas Bella nothing I could think of on the crop at her elbow in the first one. . . maybe I was distracted? ;-O

I think I should have turned her a tad more to the right on this one though:

Super simple lighting, 8' octabox with front panels removed (essential now an umbrella) and 8'x8' white reflector/backdrop indoors. Outdoors ttl fill flash on flip bracket.
A shot of Dallas Bella and Selena51 together, sorry I had to blur Selena's face as she is beautiful, but such is the hobby. Taken in April.

I shot with DaNastyTruthArt earlier today, HE REALLY IS DA TRUTH. He's creative, very professional and so much fun to work with.
I shot with DaNastyTruthArt earlier today, HE REALLY IS DA TRUTH. He's creative, very professional and so much fun to work with. Originally Posted by KittyLamour
he's a fuckin photoshop wiz!!........
he's a fuckin photoshop wiz!!........ Originally Posted by Tony Gambino
Again you are spouting opinions when you have no idea what you're talking about. You need to learn some self restraint and reserve your comments for when you actually have some relavence on a subject. i think you enjoy hearing your own self talk.
Some shots with Jessica _Wants_Fun last week:

Lighting was 22 (if I remember right)" Beauty Dish and 7" Grid. It's been really long time since I used the BD.
  • R.M.
  • 11-25-2016, 10:36 AM