West Texas places to see and visit?

I'm goin to make my first ever solo adventure to west Texas. Goin to Van horn and hike the Guadalupe Peak trail. Any other places to check out while out there? Little known places or great hidden restaurant gems.
Go to McDonald Observatory. I've been 5 or 6 times. Stay in FT. Davis. I stay at a dude ranch there but there are small hotels. They do a star party that is unbelievable with these huge telescopes. Saturn looks like a perfect drawing thru it. It sounds nerdy but you will never forget it.
Stay away from Langtry and the "Law West of the Pecos" shack. Terlingua is okay maybe. Alpine is a clean little town. Marfa is cool. There's a hotel called the Marathon Hotel if I recall. It's pretty cool for a vintage hotel. Might be haunted too.
Balmorhea State Park is cool if you are into camping and swimming in a spring-fed pool.
+ 1 on McDonald
Stay away from Langtry and the "Law West of the Pecos" shack. Terlingua is okay maybe. Alpine is a clean little town. Marfa is cool. There's a hotel called the Marathon Hotel if I recall. It's pretty cool for a vintage hotel. Might be haunted too. Originally Posted by pussycat
The Marathon I believe is the one that the movie "Giant" was made at. They still make a big deal about it. Marfa lights at night is still a tourist deal. The last time I went out there, there was a guy writing a book about it that I talked to for a while.
Thank u all for ur input. I am staying in van horn for one night and goin to Guadalupe peak in the morning. Then in the late afternoon goin to Marfa to settle for the night and do some of the things u all recommended for sure the next day.
Ft Davis is good to visit. McDonalds Observatory and old Fort too. Alpine is good little town.