THE LYONESS' PHILosophy 201 Chat: #2:2

Q. What is your favorite philosophy quote about the subject of SURVIVAL &
Why? Don't forget to give credit to the Philosopher.

(PHIL 201: topic 2:2)
"If quick, I survive. If not quick, I am lost. This is death"

Sun Tzu, 544-496 BC
Chinese military general and philosopher
His material used to be required readings where that art is taught. This item is directed to field command. ie: If you're gonna wait to be told what to do, you're already dead.
This quote is not from his primary work: The Art of War.
Actually had fun with this with some social worker folks during an extended duscussion related to folks with "Street Smarts".
Love love love! Sun Tzu was clearly a military and Phil genius. What inspiration for a man much ahead of his time. I just wrote this quote on my bathroom mirror. Thx for sharing, "UC!"

*This topic will self destruct in one week, per special requests to write/post weekly PHIL 201 writing prompts. It's my pleasure to encourage more of you genuine, geeks like me to let your voices be heard via literature & philosophy. You brighten my days! Thank you.

Good evening,
LLL
Well then here's another:
------------------

The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival. - Aristotle

Although somewhat self explanatory, does not awareness lead to enjoyment of life, in all its aspects?

-------------------
I like my collection, and that of a few friends.
What a beautiful day for some sidewalk chalk art quote inspiration. Thanks again, UQ!
"Before all else, be armed." - Machiavelli
"Before all else, be armed." - Machiavelli Originally Posted by SAangel27
Agree, even applicable in todays modern civilized society.
YOU DO...MY MOM.. Talking to patrick my brother when collin was dying. xxoo annie KATRINA 2006
Love Stinks--J. Geils Band
"The only way to get on your feet is to get off your ass." -They
"Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” - George Washington
  • Tetas
  • 12-09-2014, 07:33 AM
“If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.”
― Gandhi
"Better to remain silent and have people wonder if you're an idiot than to post away and remove all doubt."
~Somebody here, I believe
Give a girl a fish and she will smell like a whore.

Teach a girl to fish and she will be the CEO of Starkist Tuna.

-Me
Humor is one of the best ingredients of survival.