Windows 10 And Chat

dam automated upgrades......my laptop automatically loaded the latest windows upgrade, now I just get a blank screen in chat. any help from you computer guys?

thanks

Blues
  • Ashi
  • 09-28-2016, 09:37 AM
Ideas:
1. Change your browser maybe...
Also, do you have a backup?

More radical steps:
2. Install Linux instead of Winblows.
3. Buy a Mac (OS X )
4. Use an android device (burner phone?)
5. Use an iOS device.
  • Re
  • 09-28-2016, 09:38 AM
What browser are you using?
Internet Explorer 11, think it comes standard with windows 10 upgrade.
  • Re
  • 09-28-2016, 11:38 AM
Internet Explorer 11, think it comes standard with windows 10 upgrade. Originally Posted by Bluesplyr
You should change browsers. That will clear your chat problems right up, I suggest Google Chrome.

If you need help downloading/installing it send me a pm, I'll walk you through it. You can even import your bookmarks/passwords/pages to chrome when you install it, straight from Internet explorer.
Yeah-- a browser change is the easiest fix. I've never bothered with IE for this site. I've been avoiding Windows10 like the plague.. because it will fuck up some of my cam settings... but even on Windows7-- I can't really do chat on IE, just Chrome and Firefox.
Actually 10 now uses a browser called "Edge". There is a way to run Explorer still, but you have to do it manually. I use Firefox on 10 without issues so far. I think your problems relate mostly to Flash support.
  • Re
  • 09-28-2016, 12:28 PM
Actually 10 now uses a browser called "Edge". There is a way to run Explorer still, but you have to do it manually. I use Firefox on 10 without issues so far. I think your problems relate mostly to Flash support. Originally Posted by maxim_232
edge doesn't have default flash support, people are trying to strongarm everyone into HTML5
I am using the Opera browser with no problems.
Yeah-- a browser change is the easiest fix. I've never bothered with IE for this site. I've been avoiding Windows10 like the plague.. because it will fuck up some of my cam settings... but even on Windows7-- I can't really do chat on IE, just Chrome and Firefox. Originally Posted by GracePreston

this is funny (strange). I had to change browser from Chrome to Edge to.get data in Available Now adds on p411. So back to Chrome for Chat. lol
i use chrome, so not sure about firefox or edge or other browsers.

if you're using Chrome, double check your Adobe Flash Player plugin.
due to computer industry news articles, i disabled it in Chrome.
and the eccie chat window would not work.
re-enabled it and all is well w/ eccie chat.

maybe remove it completely then re-install it via Chrome.

good luck.
thanks for all the info guys, sorry for being such a computer idiot, I have heard and read good things about chrome, is the upgrade pretty transparent? your favorites etc. are transferred over?

Blues
thanks for all the info guys, sorry for being such a computer idiot, I have heard and read good things about chrome, is the upgrade pretty transparent? your favorites etc. are transferred over? Originally Posted by Bluesplyr
bluesplyr,
download the installation from this webpage
https://www.google.com/chrome/browse...top/index.html

after you install it, i think it will ask if you want to import favorites/bookmarks, history, other browser related stuff.

they use a slightly different layout [no menu bar - they use the three vertical dots icon in upper right to indicate menu].
they have tabs and icognito mode.

once you use it for a while, it's like most browsers.

good luck w/ your search for a deliteful browser experience
this is funny (strange). I had to change browser from Chrome to Edge to.get data in Available Now adds on p411. So back to Chrome for Chat. lol Originally Posted by Gnostalgia
Exclude the domain from the ad blocker and allow pop ups.
Seems like it would be pretty easy to get a HTML5 chat application. IT folks are down on Flash for a reason. Very serious potential security problems.