SEARCH "no matches" means?

For example--new client calls-says his handle is"John 123"-
--I search John 123--get "no matches"
DOES NO MATCHES MEAN
1--that John 123 IS a registered member, but had NEVER posted on eccie
OR
2--that JOHN is NOT a registered member and has given me a phony eccie handle?
HOW CAN GIRL FIND OUT IF GUY IS REALLY A REGISTERED MEMBER, EVEN THOUGH SEARCH Says "NO MATCHES"?

Hi Sherry.

I have had that problem often.. the search parameter is very tight, sometimes mixing up the search a little will work. might be best to have him PM you here.
It's also true that if a member does not post, the search feature isn't going to find them. It's a content search not a member search.
thanks, duke---so there is NO way of finding out if a guy is ACTUALLY a member?----"no matches" on SEARCH means he has never posted-
-but there is no other option a girl can try to see if JOHN 123 is actually a registered member?
You could scroll through this:

https://www.eccie.net/memberlist.php

Then over on the right, you can search by user name. See pic.
Attached Images File Type: jpg clip3.jpg (205.7 KB, 55 views)
sometimes, the search by user name is tricky as well.
so, if the user has blanks in his username, just enter the first part and search thru the results. i imagine there are 1000s of "john" user names :^(

search will return their user profile if they are registered. it doesnt matter if they have any posts or reviews.

if you search for their name in the dallas forum, it will only return their posts, if any.

if you do a Search from the top bar (below the Eccie logo) or from the "SEARCH FORUMS" in the Main Menu (left or right side of full desktop pages), it will only return their posts or reviews, if any.

so, search for accounts in the Member List (also in the left or right side of full desktop pages).

good luck.