E-mail Thread Notifications Not Working

For subscribed threads where I select e-mail notifications, I used to get them as expected, but that suddenly stopped a little over a week ago. (I'm not getting them in my spam folder, either.)

Is this a known current issue, or something specific to my account? Thanks.
Checking on it
Thanks. Some users were indicating here that they weren't receiving PM notifications. Same root cause, maybe?
Ok, thanks.
Seems like the issue is intermittent. Perhaps related to how often one logs in and/or logs out. Could it be that logging out releases subscriptions?

I've got a short list of subscribed threads -- links, actually -- that I annotate in my gmail and periodically check to keep caught up.
Seems like the issue is intermittent. Perhaps related to how often one logs in and/or logs out. Could it be that logging out releases subscriptions? Originally Posted by ck1942
Not sure what you mean by "releases subscriptions," but the subscriptions themselves are still there when I go to the "List Subscriptions" page. So they aren't getting removed/deleted in that sense.

I think the way it's supposed to work is that it only notifies you the first time someone posts in a thread since your last login, to avoid excessive traffic. So you will eventually stop getting them until your next login, when the notification engine gets re-enabled. Either that, or it could detect when you go and read a particular thread, and reset notifications then. At least, that's my impression of how it works.

The notifications have sometimes seemed to be a little intermittent, but for me they just suddenly and completely stopped this time.
I had some delays also. But it seems to be working now.

One thing to note....the email that is sent to you includes some links to the thread. At the bottom, there are two links to cancel your subscription. IIRC, the first cancels that thread. The second cancels them all.

I've accidentally clicked those links before. If you are not seeing updates, be sure to double check that you are still subscribed to the thread.
.....or it could detect when you go and read a particular thread, and reset notifications then. At least, that's my impression of how it works.
..... Originally Posted by FrontRunner
That is my impression of how it works. I think you have to view that thread before it resets.

Hitting a different thread should not reset the first thread.

that's my thought anywho
That is my impression of how it works. I think you have to view that thread before it resets.

Hitting a different thread should not reset the first thread. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
That makes more sense than having it simply reset when you log in, and may well be how it works. The engine Eccie uses does seem to keep track of which threads are read vs. unread.

In my case, they all went silent 11 days ago. Not a big deal, but hopefully it will start working again. At least, the user control panel seems to work fine, and I can track things there.
mine was delayed yesterday or so. Before that, no problems.

working fine today...so good that i may unsubscribe.
also check the spam folder. you never know....one day good, next day spam or you accidentally marked one as spam.
To narrow it down, I just had someone send me a test PM, and made sure that I was logged out when it arrived. No notification. Looks at this point like it's specific to my account and/or e-mail, and probably not directly related to thread subscriptions. Will keep looking into it.