Question about Antiques shops, Flea Mkts, etc....

So I love antiques and other collectibles and I have already exhausted many of the known places here in San Antonio and a few of the surrounding area shops, flea markets, etc. I am looking for anyone who can shed some light on some great other places in the surrounding area or even in Austin where I have yet to shop for such items. I like laid back places where you can find a gem in a junkyard so to speak.

Any info is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Kelli Ann Preston
It's a tourist trap but some of those places in New Braunfels directly across from the Grist Mill/dance hall area have some interesting stuff.

Always a crowd on the 3rd Sunday of the month when it's artisan weekend.

SF
Thanks honey, I never really took the time to go to many of the NB spots because it is a tourist trap as you say and some of their stuff is way overpriced. I mean, I am not against paying for something if it is worth it, by any means, but I prefer a place where I can do a little bargaining and sometimes a place where a person doesnt always know what they have so to speak- LOL

Thanks again!

Kelli Ann xoxo
Try the Goodwill off of 410 that has the "Anna's Closet" program. There are a few that have Anna's Closet in the San Antonio area, but the one off of 410 had some really good stuff. It may sound crazy, but I have found some amazing things there for a good price. And since its Goodwill, all of the money goes entirely towards a great cause!
Length: 49.49 mi (79.65 km). Formed: 1959. Beltway around San Antonio ... Interstate 410 circumnavigates the city...

Could you please be a little more specific Marcus78?

Thanx
There is an auction house on Bandera and 410...about 3 miles outside the loop just behind brothers stereo.
Kelli try Helotes they have alot of different shops and on saturdays there are a ton of vendors. Hope this helps'
You might try Market days at Wimberley, first Saturday of every month, March thru December I believe.
Try the Goodwill off of 410 that has the "Anna's Closet" program. There are a few that have Anna's Closet in the San Antonio area, but the one off of 410 had some really good stuff. It may sound crazy, but I have found some amazing things there for a good price. And since its Goodwill, all of the money goes entirely towards a great cause! Originally Posted by Marcus78

I have been to many of these and you are right. I have also found many cool little trinkets at these places. Thanks for the reply! xoxox

_KKA
Length: 49.49 mi (79.65 km). Formed: 1959. Beltway around San Antonio ... Interstate 410 circumnavigates the city... Originally Posted by dennisrn
Thank you Dennisrn.....xoxoxo (MUAH) .....and please be kind!

-KKA
There is an auction house on Bandera and 410...about 3 miles outside the loop just behind brothers stereo. Originally Posted by pickupkid

Thanks pickupkid....do you know much about this place. I have seen it and it has been there for some time but I am not sure if it is by appointment/invitation only or open to the public and when, let me know if you know! LOL Thanks!

-KKA
Kelli try Helotes they have alot of different shops and on saturdays there are a ton of vendors. Hope this helps' Originally Posted by tktmk249

I have never been to Helotes. I have been meaning to go to that Cornyval thing, but have never had the chance when it is going on. LOL

Thanks for the info! xoxox

Canyonman: "You might try Market days at Wimberley, first Saturday of every month, March thru December I believe."

I have already worn that place out, canyonman, lol Thank you for the reply.

-KKA
there are these real nice antique shops in Helotes, Tx which is only 3 miles out of 1604 on bandera road
Kelli-- bottom line--- downtown New Braunfels has 2 places where you can go--- the ladies that own it are older and they will REALLY work with you when it comes to bargaining-- yes-- Gruene is a bit of a ripoff-- but downtown New Braunfels is VERY overlooked--- I live here and would be happy to refer you... PM me for details.

C
Thanks so much to everyone who responded here and via PM! I found some interesting things so far and I am still always looking around.

Anyone know of any places near New Orleans and also close by in Austin. I have yet to scour those areas and I will be travelling alot this summer so many places.

Thanks again!

KKA