What should I do?

OK folks, here's my dilemma: my birthday is coming up and I am working VERY long hours over the next few weeks (this week is currently scheduled at 65 hours and next week is scheduled at 76 hours). What do I do for my birthday?

Just now, I'm considering ignoring the whole thing and hope it goes away.
quit your job to start....
Well fyter,

That means you have 195 nonworking hours in the next 2 weeks. Sounds to me like 2 or 3 of them should be spent with one or more of your favorite ladies. I am a big believer in the Birthday splurge. Any excuse is a good excuse I guess. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.....
  • cnym
  • 03-29-2010, 02:51 PM
The Overtime Hour funds should be directed towards your Hobby funds, see one of your favorite ladies and have fun on your Birthday
Ahh, the perfect time to say:

Less talkin', more screwin'
OK, here's an overview of my birthday - after working until 5am, I woke up when the neighbor took delivery of a "new" car to his backyard shop at 9am. I went back to sleep but with the pillow folded up to block as much noise as possible, so I twisted my neck. I made it out for lunch, only to listen as the front wheel bearing I just had replaced went "THUNK." It then went "THUNK" with every rotation of the tire. So I passed on lunch, and tried to get it to the mechanic. That went well, but I couldn't get a rental, so I called a friend. When I got to work, everybody sang "Happy Birthday." I smiled and thanked them but said that I was hoping the day went by without notice, as it has, previously, been a major disaster. Then all 15 of them were pissed at me - telling me how selfish I was. That was 9 hours ago. I've had to work with them ever since. I'll be here until about 4am.

So much for a birthday, huh?

BTW, most of my time is spent on the road so getting together with my lady friends can be difficult (they are never available when I am in town and they forget me after a bit). Whatever.
Well, that sucks....
  • Laker
  • 03-31-2010, 05:09 AM
nyte man, that did stink bad, but today is the first day of the rest of your life, so go see a favorite lady and let her shower sympathy on you!!
I feel your pain man. Just went through that this past weekend with the culmination of last night being the hot stick in the eye so to speak. Short story is I thought I was going to finally get to celebrate my bday with one of my favorite providers who booked with someone else cause she thought I was unavailable. Still can't figure out how she came to that conclusion. But as the old saying goes, thats truck driving!
Happy f**king Birthday to us!!!!1
Think I'll take a vacation.
Birthdays are over rated. Too much pressure to be happy and too many expectations from others. I prefer to spend mine quietly doing something I enjoy either by myself or with 1 or 2 others.
Flyboy - that is life. Thanks for buying the next round! As far as a vacation goes, I'm slated for one in August - I think Carnival is telling me it's about 145 days away.

Youngatheart - I agree, I felt the birthday thing was over-rated and got told by my co-workers that I was "stealing their joy." Since when did my bday become about them?

As soon as I figure out what I'm going to do (if anything other than watch the countdown on the Carnival page), I'll let y'all know. Maybe I'll stop by NF and time how long it takes the Niagara River to empty over the falls....
you can always plan a quick road trip to New Orleans..lol!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!