Screenshots

Is it against the rules to screenshot things from Eccie & post them on the other site?
Screenshots of what? I know plenty of ladies that screen shot their reviews and list them on other sites, same as posting a link.
I also know gents who screen shot me their handle from here when they are booking with me from other sites. For fast booking.
I think it depends on the info that is been screenshot. As long as it's NOT SECURED INFO FROM PRIVATE AREAS/PM'S … and especially where it's being used/purpose !! Where we you wondering if screenshots from E can be posted/used?

All handles/forums/reviews/showcases are public info.

Great question though!

Here is a link to where a guy asked something similar. BUT HE ASKED THE STAFF... maybe you can ask him what the answer was(maybe they pm'd him)... Or with all the mods on duty now they will respond quicker than they did to him on the thread.

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2533318
Screenshots of what? I know plenty of ladies that screen shot their reviews and list them on other sites, same as posting a link.
I also know gents who screen shot me their handle from here when they are booking with me from other sites. For fast booking.
I think it depends on the info that is been screenshot. As long as it's NOT SECURED INFO FROM PRIVATE AREAS/PM'S … and especially where it's being used/purpose !! Where we you wondering if screenshots from E can be posted/used?

All handles/forums/reviews/showcases are public info.

Great question though!

Here is a link to where a guy asked something similar. BUT HE ASKED THE STAFF... maybe you can ask him what the answer was(maybe they pm'd him)... Or with all the mods on duty now they will respond quicker than they did to him on the thread.

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2533318 Originally Posted by TexasJess
Someone screenshot something from here, as she has done a couple of times, and posted it on the other main website. Jess- if you have my number so call me real quick and I can send you the link I don’t want to send it on here because I don’t know the rules.
Someone screenshot something from here, as she has done a couple of times, and posted it on the other main website. Jess- if you have my number so call me real quick and I can send you the link I don’t want to send it on here because I don’t know the rules. Originally Posted by Cameron Houston
The rules are in the sticky's sweetie. You can always pm B3. But, you have been on here for quite sometime to not know rules. Hopefully assistance will come soon!
Where was it at? Site ect.. ?
Anyhow, I answered your question to the best of my ability.
Just so you girls know, all things on this site are copyrighted. As long as what is screen-shotted and posted elsewhere is properly accredited to this site, you shoulx be legally clear should this site decide to pursue.
Just so you girls know, all things on this site are copyrighted. As long as what is screen-shotted and posted elsewhere is properly accredited to this site, you shoulx be legally clear should this site decide to pursue. Originally Posted by PhantomofTheOpera
Just so you know so are links to other sites, photos, reviews, handles and so on that are listed daily on this site in your reviews/forums/co-ed... ect.
To find that out all they have to do is scroll to the bottom of this thread!

But, this thread isn't even about that... Trying to figure out what she is really trying to say here...and ask.

But, hey... we will just wait on it. It's a good question and I have a feeling this thread is leading to a bit more...
The rules are in the sticky's sweetie. You can always pm B3. But, you have been on here for quite sometime to not know rules. Hopefully assistance will come soon!
Where was it at? Site ect.. ?
Anyhow, I answered your question to the best of my ability. Originally Posted by TexasJess
Well since the role change I haven’t really had a reason to ask that question. But I’m pretty aware of where the stickies are located. And yes I did contact the MOD to see what was going on but I got no reply. I figured it’s because it’s too late. If I would’ve found the answer to it then I won’t have even posted it, LOL
Oh yeah and can we please keep this question on topic? I am telling you last thing I want is a bunch of back-and-forth disrespect. And this is not directed at anyone that has commented, it’s for anyone who may see the post from here on out.
Well since the role change I haven’t really had a reason to ask that question. But I’m pretty aware of where the stickies are located. And yes I did contact the MOD to see what was going on but I got no reply. I figured it’s because it’s too late. If I would’ve found the answer to it then I won’t have even posted it, LOL Originally Posted by Cameron Houston
Okay. That's good & I would be interested to see if it is a violation for members of here to pull threads from other sites and list them here, since they are also copywrite. This shall be interesting after all !
That I guess would include in reviews ect.. period. It's hard to uphold "standards/rules" when they aren't applied (on the sites)
I was simply pointing out the legal aspect of taking an image of this site and posting it elsewhere. Links and such are a different animal and are not subject to the same copyright concerns.
I know not that long ago when ECCIE came back up, as well as P4, you couldn’t link certain websites to other certain (pay 4 play) websites. Just was wondering if that was the case here
^^^^ Legally, no, however this board has one place where competitors can be duscussed and listed. It's somewhere on the main board and I don't recall at the moment where exactly.
I was simply pointing out the legal aspect of taking an image of this site and posting it elsewhere. Links and such are a different animal and are not subject to the same copyright concerns. Originally Posted by PhantomofTheOpera
Link, screen shot.. all the same. It's sharing of forums that you do not even have to be a member of this site and see..

It's basically a dead end conversation.

Especially in this era of the information source/hobby
Cameron,
Much of what is said on this board is public. You don't have to be logged in or even a member to see it.
If what you are talking about is visible by not logging in I don't thinck there are any rules against copying and pasting it or pasting a screen shot elsewhere.

Private communications, ROS, things that are tagged private in public posts etc. cannot be seen by non members here and should not be shared elsewhere. I believe the person doing that would be subject to discipline.