Question about an ad

Let me first off say I'm not sure where to post this as it will kind of be a ad/ThreAD but once I get some feedback I will be posting an ad in the right place.. So please no hating on me for starting a ThreAD lol

I ran a special last week and had people who wanted to see me so I got an idea, I know around thanksgiving/Christmas there are several ladies who give a discount if you bring a coat or food to be donated,

If I ran my special again but also put down that in addition to that include a $20 donation for said charity and I would also match your $20 would it be something that would interest you or no??

Every year for 5 years now I have made a donation to a certain charity when they do their national walk and thought this could be a good way to raise even more money.
Of course when setting up the appt or during I would let you know which charity it was going to so you would know.

This would more than likely be a 3 week special as the walk is about a month away and it will give those clients who do want to see me time to book..

Again Im not trying to use this as my ad but wanted to see if it would be something worth trying. Either way Im still making my donation
thequeen,

you wrote ... "If I ran my special again but also put down that in addition to that include a $20 donation for said charity and I would also match your $20 would it be something that would interest you or no?? "

donating time and money to non-profits and charitable causes is a great thing to do, esp when we are so blessed with time and resources.

so, other than contributing to and helping a charity, what's in it for the client?
unless i missed something, i didnt see that in your post.

everyone has their opinion of whether this kind of offer is a good thing or not.
my personal opinion is i'd rather donate to the organizations that i'm interested in than avail myself of offers like "buy this and we'll donate x dollars to charity ABC."
if i'm interested in the person offering the match, i'd probably go visit the person and donate on my own.

so, other than contributing to and helping a charity, what's in it for the client?
unless i missed something, i didnt see that in your post.

. Originally Posted by pmdelites

It would be a special rate and less than the normal rate even after adding the $20 donation.
It would be a special rate and less than the normal rate even after adding the $20 donation. Originally Posted by Thequeen
I agree I'm getting ready to run a special for city union mission again, except it going to be for hygiene needs for them(tooth paste, tooth brush, deodorant,and mouth wash) or a blanket drive haven't decided which one yet but it's coming. Good luck girl...
It sounds like a good idea. I was moved to use a similar special to meet Stacy sins. I think it gives you a little extra good feeling to know you can do good while being naughty. Im looking forward to it.
It would be a special rate and less than the normal rate even after adding the $20 donation. Originally Posted by Thequeen
thanks for clarifying that.