Well I am taking off til after the hurricane

Leaving town. I don't really want to hang around for the after hurricane flood party. See you guys later.
we've heard you weren't wetness oriented

ps: where you goin? Corpus Christi?
I don't think it's going to be that bad, but then again, my opinion is based off nothing other then the thoughts I have in my head that say "it's not going to be that bad" ... lol.

I also need to stay positive because I own a car wash/detail shop so serious rain will impact my business for days, which isn't a huge deal money wise for me, because I can always "provide" in my down time, but it will be rough for the guys that work there and depend on 80 hour + paychecks and their daily tips.
Leaving town. I don't really want to hang around for the after hurricane flood party. See you guys later. Originally Posted by CurvyKatie
Dryness isn't good for business
This isn't New Orleans, it'll rain for the day, low lying areas will get water, it'll will run off or dry up... Business as usual the next day.
I don't think it's going to be that bad, but then again, my opinion is based off nothing other then the thoughts I have in my head that say "it's not going to be that bad" ... lol.

I also need to stay positive because I own a car wash/detail shop so serious rain will impact my business for days, which isn't a huge deal money wise for me, because I can always "provide" in my down time, but it will be rough for the guys that work there and depend on 80 hour + paychecks and their daily tips. Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
Well I am not worried about the storm itself, but I know how bad it floods around here.
Rock ... you didn't factor in we're on the "dirty side" and surge.

Allison hung around too long .... this one could too.

ps: where you goin? Corpus Christi? Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
Rockport
Them dove better show up next Friday.......ijs
Good thing we got that cotton baled up this week down by Rockport.... that woulda been a disaster for the crops.

And yes, I have picked cotton just to see what it was like.... wasn't as much fun as people make it out to be.
I am headed out to Austin, if anyone else is headed that way, I will be available.
Well I am not worried about the storm itself, but I know how bad it floods around here. Originally Posted by CurvyKatie
I think north side is going to be bad compared to the rest of Houston. The last "big storm" introduced the floating car(s) on the seeder road.
I am headed out to Austin, if anyone else is headed that way, I will be available. Originally Posted by CurvyKatie
Current tracking is straight at Austin.
I am headed out to Austin, if anyone else is headed that way, I will be available. Originally Posted by CurvyKatie
Watch out for tornadoes.

They commonly form when the low pressure storm hits the hill country.

ijs
I think north side is going to be bad compared to the rest of Houston. The last "big storm" introduced the floating car(s) on the seeder road. Originally Posted by WolfWhistle
I would have thought the south side would be more likely to flood.