Reference Checks??

Since Ive been on medical leave for awhile, I have always said to client's "Feel free to use me as a reference" .

I have consistently gotten emails asking.."hey, did so in so contact you regarding a ref. check?

Or.." So in so said she contacted you and said I passed screening but our appt is getting close and Ive not heard from her."

and, "thanks for providing me with a ref."

Yet I never heard from any of them!!

In every case I was their only reference.

Does this happen a lot to others and how do you handle it?

I've never been called for a reference. lol Not even to referee.
I hope to one day be able to use you as a reference, once you go from "UNAVAILABLE" to "I'm OPEN for appointments". LOL

Best wishes babe.
edit: Oh gawd, this looks bad. This is directed at SNL only! I replied right after charlestudor. I should've quoted SNL. Got it!?!
Damn!!! And here I thought I was in for a new, but paying, experience.
I very seldom hear other providers saying they checked my references. I know some did but I would venture to say over half didn't check references. Most times its general correspondence between the two of us and the lady having a good feel about me.
Lazy heauxs.
Its happened to me as well most of my friends notify me if they are planning in using me as a ref and I wait to hear from them but never do. I just let the guy know thry haven't been in contact and leave the rest to them. Its one thing to not screen its another to require screening info but not even check it out. Idiotic.
If I get a "thanks for the reference" I would honestly inform them that while I'd be more than happy to give one, I did not actually give it.

I always contact references - why bother running a campaign for them if I'm going to be lazy.
Since I normally book through P411, I get an email saying so-and-so has viewed your profile. It means they've been able to see what I have written about myself and my list of OKs.

As I understand it, different ladies handle the OKs differently. From my experience, most ladies just look over the OKs to see if they know the OK ladies or not. Occasionally, maybe a lady will contact one of the OKs, but I don't think that happens very much, if at all. If their goal is to stay safe, their answer is in my OKs. If their goal is to find out what I am like BCD, then they might contact a lady.
Some of the cities I visit are small time market and there usually arent but 5 to 10 providers to choose from and once youve seen 2 or 3 local providers in one city and have gotten okays on p411 its pretty much a given that you will be okayed but when you branch out and go to bigger cities like dallas, houston, New orleans, etc. there are a lot of providers ( over 100 ) to choose from and i guess the pipeline between
providers isnt as tight.
But yes ive had several providers tell me they checked with miss so and so before they met with me ; but then again i dont stray off of p411 that much and never use BP girls.
Since I normally book through P411, I get an email saying so-and-so has viewed your profile. It means they've been able to see what I have written about myself and my list of OKs.

As I understand it, different ladies handle the OKs differently. From my experience, most ladies just look over the OKs to see if they know the OK ladies or not. Occasionally, maybe a lady will contact one of the OKs, but I don't think that happens very much, if at all. If their goal is to stay safe, their answer is in my OKs. If their goal is to find out what I am like BCD, then they might contact a lady. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
charlestudor, It has been my understanding from your prior posts that these 'okays' you have on P411 are reverse 'okays'. That the fems post 'okays' even before you leave (as you are showering) and use these to 'warn' other fems not to see you. I thought that you mainly get fems to see you through your popularity/name recognition here on ECCIE.

I could be wrong. If so, just hit the 'IGNORE' button...ijs (I'm a little confused, as you presented these 'okays' in a positive light)

charlestudor, It has been my understanding from your prior posts that these 'okays' you have on P411 are reverse 'okays'. That the fems post 'okays' even before you leave (as you are showering) and use these to 'warn' other fems not to see you. I thought that you mainly get fems to see you through your popularity/name recognition here on ECCIE.

I could be wrong. If so, just hit the 'IGNORE' button...ijs (I'm a little confused, as you presented these 'okays' in a positive light) Originally Posted by mijo(BFE)
As I understand it, Gina was going to amend the "OK" section of P411 to allow for comments (i.e. he stunk to high heaven; he has a shitty attitude). I don't think that modification has gone into effect yet, or I would be in trouble.

Since the OKs I've got are one dimensional (i.e. yes, he paid), no other lady can read anything into it unless she actually calls the OK. Once Gina makes the OKs two dimension (OK plus comment), or three dimensional (OK plus comment plus rating), then I'll really be in trouble. Right now, I have a tough time getting a date as it is. I can't wait until the other features are available. I'll probably have to leave P411.

And as far as my ECCIE recognition, I have yet to get a date based on that.
I keep a list of people that I KNOW don't screen because we share clients. I also have people that I trust more than others. So if the last two Okays are from people whose judgement is suspect, I will contact older ones. Someone may have Okay'd a guy, then he skirted the line of acceptable behavior so she doesn't ask to have it removed but she won't provide positive feedback if asked either.
As I understand it, Gina was going to amend the "OK" section of P411 to allow for comments (i.e. he stunk to high heaven; he has a shitty attitude). I don't think that modification has gone into effect yet, or I would be in trouble.

Since the OKs I've got are one dimensional (i.e. yes, he paid), no other lady can read anything into it unless she actually calls the OK. Once Gina makes the OKs two dimension (OK plus comment), or three dimensional (OK plus comment plus rating), then I'll really be in trouble. Right now, I have a tough time getting a date as it is. I can't wait until the other features are available. I'll probably have to leave P411.

And as far as my ECCIE recognition, I have yet to get a date based on that. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I really don't know what to say anymore. You are one 'Fucked' dude. ijs
If there is anything I can do, let me know. Seriously, concerned, mijo
I really don't know what to say anymore. You are one 'Fucked' dude. ijs
If there is anything I can do, let me know. Seriously, concerned, mijo Originally Posted by mijo(BFE)
Yep, I'm F'd. I'd be careful. Any offer to help me might seriously hurt you.

[There's a rumor going around that you really are LR. LR would never make an offer to help me like this.]
Yep, I'm F'd. I'd be careful. Any offer to help me might seriously hurt you.

[There's a rumor going around that you really are LR. LR would never make an offer to help me like this.] Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I like that rumor. Shit if I were LR, I wouldn't need this board. I'd be fucking myself all of the time