Hiding banners

Can I hide banner ads and other images while browsing the site. I have the avatars turned off but can't find the other shield settings. I just joined here but was a long time user at ASPD.

gharris
Click on the little arrow on the right side of each block header to expand or collapse that particular block. It should also remember your settings.
  • Mokoa
  • 05-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Clear the check box next to Show Images in the Thread Display Options on the User CP page.
Click on the little arrow on the right side of each block header to expand or collapse that particular block. It should also remember your settings. Originally Posted by St.Christopher
Bravo, gneiss feature.

It feels funny having a board where the software actually works....
Click on the little arrow on the right side of each block header to expand or collapse that particular block. It should also remember your settings. Originally Posted by St.Christopher
Actually, it doesn't remember the settings. At least not for me. So what about the banner ads up top then, how do we block those?
  • bbkid
  • 05-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Clear the check box next to Show Images in the Thread Display Options on the User CP page. Originally Posted by Mokoa
I did this and noticed no change. ???
I did this and noticed no change. ??? Originally Posted by bbkid
If you're using Firefox: install the AdBlock addon. This addon will allow you to right click on any image on any website and permanently ignore it. Thats the best way I've found to get rid of ads.
If you're using Firefox: install the AdBlock addon. This addon will allow you to right click on any image on any website and permanently ignore it. Thats the best way I've found to get rid of ads. Originally Posted by johnnybax
I was thinking the exact same thing, but I realize the banners pay for eccie's servers, and for the mt dew and peanuts I hear they give to the moderators twice daily. jk