Site running slow?

• Paven
  • 07-14-2010, 11:54 AM
I was just wondering if anyone else was having trouble? It seems the site has been running slow the past couple of days. It keeps knocking me off and saying time out then I have to log in again. Is it just me? grrr.
I hve been having issues too but they seemed to have improved in the last couple of hours. I wonder if its a Time Warner Cable issue? I haven't been knocked off per say but it takes a good bit to do things and I have the turbo boost
  • Paven
  • 07-14-2010, 05:18 PM
The buggah is still running slow and saying timed out connection, grrr and grrr some more!
Its been running real slow for me too the past couple weeks. You guys had it tuned up so well earlier...hell I couldn't get my finger off the mouse button before the page was loaded.
Now there is a delay from 10 -30 seconds before a page starts loading. I hope you are about done with all the tuning you doing with the site and it gets back to where it was soon!
Guys might want to read and post any related issues to slow page loading here http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=73308

thanks
I will say that anyone using IE8, who isn't aware of what I'm about to discuss, will eventually find a lot of pages loading slow.

I would hope most everyone is familiar with clearing their temporary internet files or cache. It's not just so your wife or gf doesn't see this in your history. Not clearing it causes you to reach the cache size limit that is currently set for your browser.

Well, as of IE8, there is an option that is checked by default. Preserve Favorites website data. Uncheck it if your only clearing the cache. It's good for keeping cookies, saved passwords, etc. not really beneficial for cache (unless you're still on dialup).

This is not a one-solution-solves-all for slowness issues. Just the most common solution that has been working in my travels as of late. Hope it helps.