Guns don't kill people ... Colleges in Oregon do

Why am I not surprised all you Davy Crocketts out there aren't there blaming Obama for the latest mass murder on a US campus?

If more people had guns, this wouldn't be happening in Oregon.

It would be happening everywhere.

Crickets from the idiot jihad as usual.

Got bless your freedom to slaughter! Right?
Why am I not surprised all you Davy Crocketts out there aren't there blaming Obama for the latest mass murder on a US campus?

Got bless your freedom to slaughter! Right? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Grow up motherfucker you act like you're still in High School. Even the people of Oregon still support gun ownership. Probably because they know it was another bullshit shooting.

Jim
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/str...0dzB&ocid=iehp
Grow up motherfucker you act like you're still in High School. Even the people of Oregon still support gun ownership. Probably because they know it was another bullshit shooting.

Jim
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/str...0dzB&ocid=iehp Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
"Just another bullshit shooting"

Wow.

Wow. Originally Posted by timpage
Every time something happens the first thing out of anyone's mouth is Gun Control, Gun Control. Thats all they want.

Jim

I will believe the drivel that more guns means more violence when:

* There is a mass shooting at a gun show

* There is a mass shooting at a police station (Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Terminator does not count)

* There is a mass shooting at an NRA convention

It is NOT a coincidence that these shootings happen in "gun free zones", better known as "Shooting ducks in a barrel zones" or "Target rich environment zones"

Wow. Originally Posted by timpage
Jim hasn't looked at the crime scene, it is another fake.
  • DSK
  • 10-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Of course, the blacks in Chicago will kill more blacks this year than all the mass shootings in America combined. So, why don't you try and stop that.

BTW, I completely agree we should ban guns. All you need to do is get a new constitutional amendment passed - otherwise, STFU.
I will believe the drivel that more guns means more violence when:

* There is a mass shooting at a gun show

* There is a mass shooting at a police station (Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Terminator does not count)

* There is a mass shooting at an NRA convention

It is NOT a coincidence that these shootings happen in "gun free zones", better known as "Shooting ducks in a barrel zones" or "Target rich environment zones" Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
If you have any solid PROOF that any of the people who committed the mass murders in the gun free zones chose the location because it was a gun free zone, please provide us with that proof. In almost every recent mass murders in gun free zones, there are very plausible reasons why the killers chose the location and it had nothing to do with the place being a gun free zone.

Source of the following: http://www.armedwithreason.com/debun...urder-magnets/

"At first glance, some mass shootings do appear to validate a central claim of gun advocates — namely, that killers strategically target gun-free zones because they expect weak resistance from unarmed civilians. But an analysis of the best available research points in the opposite direction: There is no evidence that mass killers select locations based on gun policy, or that lawful gun owners have been able to intervene to stop these attacks.

In the Aurora case, the shooter gave no indication that the theater’s gun-free policy played a part in his motives. His personal journal, made public during his ongoing trial, contains not even a cursory mention of gun-free zones or the consideration of armed civilians, but instead details a more pressing concern about how to attack the “isolated, proximal, large” space: finding the right parking spot."

Source for the following: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...mass-shootings

"Among the 62 mass shootings over the last 30 years that we studied, not a single case includes evidence that the killer chose to target a place because it banned guns. To the contrary, in many of the cases there was clearly another motive for the choice of location. For example, 20 were workplace shootings, most of which involved perpetrators who felt wronged by employers and colleagues. Last September, when a troubled man working at a sign manufacturer in Minneapolis was told he would be let go, he pulled out a 9mm Glock and killed six people and injured another before putting a bullet in his own head. Similar tragedies unfolded at a beer distributor in Connecticut in 2010 and at a plastics factory in Kentucky in 2008.

Or consider the 12 school shootings we documented, in which all but one of the killers had personal ties to the school they struck. FBI investigators learned from one witness, for example, that the mass shooter in Newtown had long been fixated on Sandy Hook Elementary School, which he'd once attended."

You do realize that most gun shows ban the carrying of a loaded gun into the gun show. The gun must be unloaded and tied.

As stated above, the individuals who commit such atrocities choose their locations very specifically. Usually out of revenge. In most, or possibly all, cases the individuals are not planning to live through it. If they are not killed by someone else, they will kill themselves.
If you have any solid PROOF that any of the people who committed the mass murders in the gun free zones chose the location because it was a gun free zone, please provide us with that proof. In almost every recent mass murders in gun free zones, there are very plausible reasons why the killers chose the location and it had nothing to do with the place being a gun free zone.

Source of the following: http://www.armedwithreason.com/debun...urder-magnets/

"At first glance, some mass shootings do appear to validate a central claim of gun advocates — namely, that killers strategically target gun-free zones because they expect weak resistance from unarmed civilians. But an analysis of the best available research points in the opposite direction: There is no evidence that mass killers select locations based on gun policy, or that lawful gun owners have been able to intervene to stop these attacks.

In the Aurora case, the shooter gave no indication that the theater’s gun-free policy played a part in his motives. His personal journal, made public during his ongoing trial, contains not even a cursory mention of gun-free zones or the consideration of armed civilians, but instead details a more pressing concern about how to attack the “isolated, proximal, large” space: finding the right parking spot."

Source for the following: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...mass-shootings

"Among the 62 mass shootings over the last 30 years that we studied, not a single case includes evidence that the killer chose to target a place because it banned guns. To the contrary, in many of the cases there was clearly another motive for the choice of location. For example, 20 were workplace shootings, most of which involved perpetrators who felt wronged by employers and colleagues. Last September, when a troubled man working at a sign manufacturer in Minneapolis was told he would be let go, he pulled out a 9mm Glock and killed six people and injured another before putting a bullet in his own head. Similar tragedies unfolded at a beer distributor in Connecticut in 2010 and at a plastics factory in Kentucky in 2008.

Or consider the 12 school shootings we documented, in which all but one of the killers had personal ties to the school they struck. FBI investigators learned from one witness, for example, that the mass shooter in Newtown had long been fixated on Sandy Hook Elementary School, which he'd once attended."

You do realize that most gun shows ban the carrying of a loaded gun into the gun show. The gun must be unloaded and tied.

As stated above, the individuals who commit such atrocities choose their locations very specifically. Usually out of revenge. In most, or possibly all, cases the individuals are not planning to live through it. If they are not killed by someone else, they will kill themselves.
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Thats not so much a gun show rule but a local community rule. Still, you think a piece of string or a ziptie is going to stop someone from loading a gun from a pocket full of ammunition? Well, I guess you think "gun free" zone signs can stop killings.

Actually the evidence is to the contrary; why have there been no shootings at gun shows, police stations, or shooting ranges? Need a hint? Guns and gun owners who know how to shoot them.

By the way, Mother Jones wouldn't know good journalism if it rolled itself and put itself into their lips. Please cite a reliable source.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...k-theater.html

"So why did the killer pick the Cinemark theater? You might think that it was the one closest to the killer’s apartment. Or, that it was the one with the largest audience.
Yet, neither explanation is right. Instead, out of all the movie theaters within 20 minutes of his apartment showing the new Batman movie that night, it was the only one where guns were banned. In Colorado, individuals with permits can carry concealed handgun in most malls, stores, movie theaters, and restaurants. But private businesses can determine whether permit holders can carry guns on their private property.
Most movie theaters allow permit holders carrying guns. But the Cinemark movie theater was the only one with a sign posted at the theater’s entrance."

Oh...a cited source that says Holmes targeted that theater because of the "gun free" zone signs.
Thats not so much a gun show rule but a local community rule. Still, you think a piece of string or a ziptie is going to stop someone from loading a gun from a pocket full of ammunition? Well, I guess you think "gun free" zone signs can stop killings.

Actually the evidence is to the contrary; why have there been no shootings at gun shows, police stations, or shooting ranges? Need a hint? Guns and gun owners who know how to shoot them.

By the way, Mother Jones wouldn't know good journalism if it rolled itself and put itself into their lips. Please cite a reliable source.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...k-theater.html

"So why did the killer pick the Cinemark theater? You might think that it was the one closest to the killer’s apartment. Or, that it was the one with the largest audience.
Yet, neither explanation is right. Instead, out of all the movie theaters within 20 minutes of his apartment showing the new Batman movie that night, it was the only one where guns were banned. In Colorado, individuals with permits can carry concealed handgun in most malls, stores, movie theaters, and restaurants. But private businesses can determine whether permit holders can carry guns on their private property.
Most movie theaters allow permit holders carrying guns. But the Cinemark movie theater was the only one with a sign posted at the theater’s entrance."

Oh...a cited source that says Holmes targeted that theater because of the "gun free" zone signs.
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
How many times do we have to go over this?

There are probably tens of thousands of gun free zones that WORK every day of the year. Homes, office buildings, schools, government buildings, bars and restaurants, etc. We can only speculate on how many lives may be saved each year because of these gun free zones. Maybe zero. Maybe hundreds. How would you like to call an employee into your office and fire him knowing he is a slight mental case and might be carrying? It is only when a mass killing does occur in a gun free zone that certain individuals come out of the woodwork and say gun free zones should be abolished. Do you REALLY think that people who establish gun free zones do so with no thought? My office building is a gun free zone. I can guarantee you that the people responsible for making such a decision weighed the pros and cons of the decision in great detail and decided it was in the best interest of the majority of the employees to make the building a gun free zone.

We've been over this several times. The movie theater that Holmes went to was the 3rd closest to his home showing the Batman movie. The closest was a theater that showed movies in Spanish. The second closest was a dinner theater. The Cinemark theater was the closest multiplex which would have a large attendance and it was a theater that Holmes was familiar with since he was known to have frequented the place. And who is this "cited source"? More BS??

I find it rather funny that you would quote Fox News as a source with all the bashing of Fox News by the right on this forum. And I guess you missed this from the article I cited from Mother Jones: " Editor's note: A version of this piece was first published in the March 25 edition of USA Today." Do you consider USA Today a reliable source?

BTW, have you ever tried to break a zip lock tie with your bare hands. I bench press 225 pounds and there is no way I could do it.

Despite your question asking why there have been no shootings at police stations, gun ranges and gun shows -- I guess you didn't do your research professor.

Police stations attacked:

http://www.policemag.com/list/tag/station-attacks.aspx

Shootings at gun ranges.

http://www.thetrace.org/2015/07/back...ont-gun-range/

http://fortressamerica.gawker.com/ma...-ra-1635909117

But to your credit I could not find one homicide committed at a gun show. Many accidental killings and woundings though.
How many times do we have to go over this? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Probably a lot since you are so slow. I get it, your name is "ironic."

Police stations attacked:

http://www.policemag.com/list/tag/station-attacks.aspx
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Interesting. I perused a couple of pages of entries only to find at most one killing for each attack (if that). It goes to show that there is no "mass killings."

Why? Because police stations have armed cops. It's not a "gun free zone."
As the old saying goes..."Ted Kennedys car has killed more people than my gun."
Yassup, There are something like 200 million firearms in the US. I think that's probably enough to get a real killing spree on, but most of them are in the hands of law abiding citizens who wont go out and murder their neighbors. There will probably be more than 15 people killed in Chicago this weekend, the circumstances saying that Black lives don't matter much at all, because they will almost all be black on black shootings. Of course, I could be wrong. There may be peace on earth and good will to man. Lets hope so.
Every time there's a shooting in a gun free zone what do they do?

They go find somebody with a gun to stop it. Usually too late.

SelfLoather... You've got a Friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTh3vutP3xY