Obama Motors...I mean GM is in the cross hairs.

Some idiot is going to say that I'm blaming Obama for the deaths caused by faulty ignitions but anyone of average intellect can see the lie in that. What I am saying is that the regulators (who work for Obama) had a responsibility to oversee the safety practices of GM. They failed and the question has to be asked now, is it a good idea to have the same agency in charge of safety the same agency that is heavily invested in the company? Sounds like a real conflict of interest.

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...#axzz2xf2tlcqB

and yes, the problem began in the Bush years (but his government was not directly involved) but the evidence became overwhelming in the last four years.
  • CJ7
  • 04-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Some idiot is going to say that I'm blaming Obama for the deaths caused by faulty ignitions but anyone of average intellect can see the lie in that. What I am saying is that the regulations (who work for Obama) had a responsibility to oversee the safety practices of GM. They failed and the question has to be asked now, is it a good idea to have the same agency in charge of safety the same agency that is heavily invested in the company? Sounds like a real conflict of interest.

and yes, the problem began in the Bush years (but his government was not directly involved) but the evidence became overwhelming in the last four years. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

the regulations (who work for Obama) had a responsibility to oversee the safety practices of GM.

ain't too sharp are ya professor?
Epic Fail Again CJ? I think you need to go back to bed right now. You've having nothing but failures today.
  • CJ7
  • 04-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Epic Fail Again CJ? I think you need to go back to bed right now. You've having nothing but failures today. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

regulations are standards, PEOPLE enforce regulations

hate to break it to you but you're a fucking idiot..
I smell you're still sucking air. Just admit that you're stupid today and go back to bed.

You've lost.

Back to the OP, the National Transportation and Safety Board crucified Toyota for an accelerator problem but somehow overlooked this for years.
Recalls happen all the time where was your outrage then?
  • CJ7
  • 04-01-2014, 01:12 PM
I smell you're still sucking air. Just admit that you're stupid today and go back to bed.

You've lost.

Back to the OP, the National Transportation and Safety Board crucified Toyota for an accelerator problem but somehow overlooked this for years. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

people write the regulations and people enforce the regulations ... PEOPLE work for Obama, regulations may or may not work for an industry.

write that down top .02%er ... you smell alright, take a damn shower.
Some idiot is going to say that I'm blaming Obama for the deaths caused by faulty ignitions but anyone of average intellect can see the lie in that. What I am saying is that the regulators (who work for Obama) had a responsibility to oversee the safety practices of GM. They failed and the question has to be asked now, is it a good idea to have the same agency in charge of safety the same agency that is heavily invested in the company? Sounds like a real conflict of interest.

and yes, the problem began in the Bush years (but his government was not directly involved) but the evidence became overwhelming in the last four years. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Further confirmation that no opinion is too stupid for you to utter.

What is truly amusing about this is that if it happened on anybody's watch but Obama's, you'd be screaming about the government interfering with private industry by enforcing all those bothersome safety regulations that the Republican conservabots so despise. Now, suddenly, you give a shit. Amazing. ODS.
  • WTF
  • 04-01-2014, 07:18 PM

What is truly amusing about this is that if it happened on anybody's watch but Obama's, you'd be screaming about the government interfering with private industry by enforcing all those bothersome safety regulations that the Republican conservabots so despise. Now, suddenly, you give a shit. Amazing. ODS. Originally Posted by timpage
JD was against government intervention before he was for it!
Been watching some of the CEO's testimony, pretty brutal.
It seems nobody in upper management knew anything.
When Barra stated that GM would release any documents they deemed "appropriate", you could see the entire committee cringe.
Then she stated that the first she had heard about the defective switches was the first of this year. Her former position?? Head of GM's engineering and procurement for parts.

People are dead. This won't end well.
It seems nobody in upper management knew anything.
When Barra stated that GM would release any documents they deemed "appropriate", you could see the entire committee cringe.
Then she stated that the first she had heard about the defective switches was the first of this year. Her former position?? Head of GM's engineering and procurement for parts.

People are dead. This won't end well. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Did she blame a youtube video?
This is reprehensible and inexcusable. There needs to be a full investigation, and indictments pursued. This is what we can expect from companies "too big to fail".

Fuck GM. I hope they go under for good. The good employees will be able to find jobs at Ford, Chrysler, Toyota or Honda.

You were an asshole during the Bush years too, Gilligan!

What is truly amusing about this is that if it happened on anybody's watch but Obama's, you'd be screaming about the government interfering with private industry by enforcing all those bothersome safety regulations that the Republican conservabots so despise. Now, suddenly, you give a shit. Amazing. ODS. Originally Posted by timpage
Of the millions of cars sold only four people died in the Bush years. Obama has ignored four dead people. That is hardly noteworthy except to the families involved. When you get to 10, 11 or 13 then it becomes noticeable except to an Obama board of safety. Or are you one of those "if we can save one life..." people?
what I wonder is...how soon will Obama need to bail out the uaw again

maybe all the death claims will be treated like the bond-holders of the old gm..pushed aside so the uaw can rise again