Number Change and a Question??

My number has changed, Please always PM here or p411 before texting or calling me..
(918) 609-0533

I am curious as I am driving to New Orleans now, and this may sound silly to you all, but I thought the French Quarter was Down Town??????

Its been awhile since I have been to NOLA, but I don't remember it being SO BIG!! I am so confused... lol
The FQ is just next to downtown. Most of the downtown area is on one side of Canal street, while the FQ is on the other side of Canal. The city itself is essentially the same size as it has been for years. Not much room to grown when you have a city that is bordered on one side by a lake to the north, and a river to the south. Regardless, much has changed in the city due to time and the rebuild after Katrina. There is construction still going on everywhere you look, including downtown.

Hope you enjoy your stay here Allysa.
PM sent!
The FQ is just next to downtown. Most of the downtown area is on one side of Canal street, while the FQ is on the other side of Canal. The city itself is essentially the same size as it has been for years. Not much room to grown when you have a city that is bordered on one side by a lake to the north, and a river to the south. Regardless, much has changed in the city due to time and the rebuild after Katrina. There is construction still going on everywhere you look, including downtown.

Hope you enjoy your stay here Allysa. Originally Posted by mriley000
Maybe it was because when I was there before, we went to bourbon St the hotel slept and left. That happened everytime we visited, and I never drove myself.. ..

Thank you for the info, cleared up most of the confusion.. I live in Monroe so you can imagine there is a HUGE difference. .
AD, the better area I think is the cbd/warehouse district. you have harrah's in the middle between cbd and the fq. coon-ass56
oh, I got the downtown area... I love this place I am staying so far... But I just got in so I will see.. lol
Have a great trip. Nola is such a wonderful city. I can't wait to get back for a visit!