General Allen speaks

Former Marine general (they say that there are no former marines) John Allen has just spoken on behalf of Hillary Clinton and I have some concerns.

Allen said that Hillary will always be there to back you up....unless you're in Benghazi I guess or an ambassador she considers a personal friend or an American desperately waiting for assistance that is just over the horizon.

Allen said that Hillary has served with honor....unless you happen to count lying to the American people or jailing a film maker or selling out America by selling Russia 20% of our uranium supply.

Allen said that Hillary is capable and he knows because he has worked with her....as an advisor in a non-combat related role and I don't believe a test was given afterwards.

Looking at Allen's career is also eye opening. Allen is a political general and not a fighting general. He has never served in combat as a junior or mid-level officer. He has been a student (he has two Master's degrees), he has been an instructor, and he has been an advisor. His only so-called combat command was as a general in Iraq AFTER the fighting was over. For anyone who knows how to read them, his rack of medals and ribbons is underwhelming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Allen

Most consist of honorary awards, I was there awards, unit awards, and training awards.

If you want to go to war then I recommend you vote for Hillary. Historically speaking nearly every female leader has had to face a military crisis or has had to create a military crisis to show her ability to command. Elizabeth I, Margaret Thatcher, Golda Meir, the Dowager Empress of China, Katherine the Great of Russia, etc.
I wonder what he was promised?
A tax payer paid sex change op. I hear the medal for that is FABULOUS!
He personifys the great traditions of George B. McClellan and Westly Clark.
He personifys the great traditions of George B. McClellan and Westly Clark. Originally Posted by Jackie S
He personifys the great traditions of George B. McClellan and Westly Clark. Originally Posted by Jackie S
what's so great about those traditions?
what's so great about those traditions? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
He was being sarcastic.
Is he the one delegates turned their back to during his speech?
He was being sarcastic. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Yes, 100 percent.
Is he the one delegates turned their back to during his speech? Originally Posted by gfejunkie
I think that was Leon Panetta.