A great loss for the Sacandaga Lake community

I know a few of us are boaters, and I'm sure some of you have launched at McMurray's Boat Livery. Lauren R. McMurray 65, was killed Monday afternoon at the marina in a tractor accident. He was a great man, and it is a big loss for everyone who knew him.
Sorry you have lost a good friend. May he RIP
I didnt know him like that, but its a popular launch. I figured there are members who are familiar with it.
  • iggy
  • 08-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Have been there many a day, he was a Gentlemen who made each and ever customer at home and want to come back. !! it is a loss to the entire lake community.

Iggy
Funeral is tomorrow at the marina. 11:00 am.
Iggy,
He was a gentleman, and an honest, hardworking, family man. Its a terrible loss.
Sorry to hear that!
I have only been to Sacandaga 5-6 times over the last 20 yrs so I didn't have the opportunity to meet him.
RIP

Peace
PK
sorry to hear that as well I am an avid boater on the river never been to the lake since my boat is to big to pull around but those cranes at the dock are not very safe its a sad day when someone loses their life to one
sorry to hear that as well I am an avid boater on the river never been to the lake since my boat is to big to pull around but those cranes at the dock are not very safe its a sad day when someone loses their life to one Originally Posted by Storm3772
Well you've got my attention! Do you mind sharing what size/model?
I've got a 250 Sundancer, but I'm looking at a 340, which is about the limit I'd put on Sacandaga, due to its depth. Gordon's Marina boasts a 44' Carver, along with some other big girls. So I'm thinking you've got a 64' Leopard Yacht, in which case, we should meet, LOL!
It wasn't a crane. It was a zero turn tractor. He was mowing under a camper when the roll bar got caught causing tractor to buck forward and he was thrown between bar and camper, breaking his neck. He died instantly. They said it was completely a freak accident.