NOT another "Where to Stay" ThreAD...

Hello!

I will be visiting Houston on the second weekend of October. As this will be my first time, I did some research and found that most recommend the Energy Corridor or Galleria area, correct?

My question is, since I will be there from Friday morning to Sunday evening, does the recommendation still apply or staying somewhere else on a weekend may prove to be of easier access to hobbyists to visit my incall?

Thank you so much in advance.

Kindly,

Camille
Either of those should be fine. It's a big city and everyone has their own playground preferences so you can't make everyone happy. Good luck. Welcome to Houston.
I don't get it. Is this not another where to stay threAD or were you being sarcastic and like, Oh Tebow, not another where to stay thread?
I don't get it. Is this not another where to stay threAD or were you being sarcastic and like, Oh Tebow, not another where to stay thread? Originally Posted by boardman

As long as it is ambivalent, it contains some sarcasm, right?
Yes, I know, there are tons of those "where to stay" threAds and, since I actually did my reasearch and my stay is pretty far in the future, it is not a very effective one. I just wanted to book a room last night but didn't want to make a faux pas in terms of making hobbyists drive out of their.

Thank you, Sir Gearslut. I got a nice room at one of those areas.

Yours...

Camille
As this will be my first time, I did some research and found that most recommend the Energy Corridor or Galleria area, correct? Originally Posted by CamilleFox69
Methinks these idiots who recommend the Energy corridor don't realize where the Energy Corridor is...do you know?
You're good. As long as it wasn't a LQ. LE loves it there. And welcome to our city! (-:
Hotels around the Galleria are often less expensive during the weekend, surprisingly, because of lower occupancy. (Not as many business travelers.) Probably the same for the Energy Corridor. I'd say the Galleria is probably best for a first-time visitor with nice shops and restaurants accessible.

Wherever you decided, Irish luck in lust.
Methinks these idiots who recommend the Energy corridor don't realize where the Energy Corridor is...do you know? Originally Posted by Wakeup

No idea...
Didn't think so...you don't want to stay all the way out there...
Didn't think so...you don't want to stay all the way out there... Originally Posted by Wakeup

Thank you very much. Good to know
There's a reason it's called "Hobby Airport".
Didn't think so...you don't want to stay all the way out there... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Way out there? 10 long miles?

If you are on the bus or a bicycle it's a long trip.

The conjestion on the west side of town sucks all around...x3 in the Galleria area at peak hours in the afternoon....
Hey 10 miles is forever, just ask all the whiney fucktards in DFW.
Stop being simplistic...

Anywhere from 18-25 miles depending on route, and 20-28 minutes from the Galleria...add that onto the trip for anyone coming from the east, south, or north sides...the only people it benefits are the west siders...and on a weekend when the energy business travelers aren't there...fucking pointless...
"...and on a weekend when the energy business travelers aren't there...fucking pointless..." Originally Posted by Wakeup
$$$ gone for the weekend... :-/