Really, Scott Brown?

JOSH MARSHALL SEPTEMBER 25, 2012, 2:34 PM 50669
I’ve been wondering about this for a few days. Scott Brown has made the ‘controversy’ over Elizabeth Warren’s purported Native American heritage a centerpiece of the final lap of the campaign. Indeed, his staffers went so far today as to taunt Warren with “tomahawk chops” mocking her claims.

But at the debate, Brown said this …

“As you know, I think what you’re referring to is the fact that professor Warren claimed she was a Native American, a person of color — And as you can see, she’s not.”
Now that sounds like a great gotcha line. Unless, you know really anything about the modern Cherokee Nation. In colloquial terms at least, most Cherokees, certainly many, “look white.”

So for example, here’s Principal Chief Bill John Baker of the Cherokee Nation.

Here’s perhaps the most famous Cherokee of the 20th century: Will Rogers.

Now, there’s a whole complicated debate about what it means to “look white” and obviously there are different hues of Cherokee in the US today. But I think the examples above speak for themselves. Brown apparently thinks that if Warren were a real Cherokee she’d be over there at the podium with dark-hued skin, war paint and a feather headdress.

Whether Warren was right to claim some level of Indian ancestry or whether she’s credentialed with this or that tribe I don’t really know or care about. But this “she don’t look Indian” line Brown is now basing his campaign on is ignorant to the point of offensive.

JOSH MARSHALL SEPTEMBER 25, 2012, 2:34 PM
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archive...cott_brown.php

Chief Bill John Bakers Statement on the "racist" issue:

The Cherokee Nation is disappointed in and denounces the disrespectful actions of staffers and supporters of Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown. The conduct of these individuals goes far beyond what is appropriate and proper in political discourse. The use of stereotypical “war whoop chants” and “tomahawk chops” are offensive and downright racist. It is those types of actions that perpetuate negative stereotypes and continue to minimize and degrade all native peoples.

The individuals involved in this unfortunate incident are high ranking staffers in both the senate office and the Brown campaign. A campaign that would allow and condone such offensive and racist behavior must be called to task for their actions.

The Cherokee Nation is a modern, productive society, and I am blessed to be their chief. I will not be silent when individuals mock and insult our people and our great nation.

We need individuals in the United States Senate who respect Native Americans and have an understanding of tribal issues. For that reason, I call upon Sen. Brown to apologize for the offensive actions of his staff and their uneducated, unenlightened and racist portrayal of native peoples.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/politics/Fu...5/-/index.html

Keep it up Republicans, you are offending and alienating every person of race, culture and color.. and this is what is causing independents to sway for Obama in those swing states.
Q: What's more despicable than someone outting a politician that's lied and postured about her heritage to make herself more employable under Federal Affirmative Action Laws at the expense of genuine minority candidates?

A: A politician that's lied and postured about her heritage to make herself more employable under Federal Affirmative Action Laws at the expense of genuine minority candidates.

There are simple, inexpensive DNA tests now available to resolve this issue -- and it's long past time she should have submitted to such a test.
Q: What's more despicable than someone outting a politician that's lied and postured about her heritage to make herself more employable under Federal Affirmative Action Laws at the expense of genuine minority candidates?

A: A politician that's lied and postured about her heritage to make herself more employable under Federal Affirmative Action Laws at the expense of genuine minority candidates.

There are simple, inexpensive DNA tests now available to resolve this issue -- and it's long past time she should have submitted to such a test. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Remember Ward Churchill, the college professor, at the University of Colorado at Boulder? He pretended to be an Indian to get tenure. He became famous for saying that the Americans that died in the World Trade Center were Nazi's.

Liberals are scum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USKVyeSSvAk
She's despicable. My understanding is she's basing her claim on some oral history that her great grandmother was 1/32 Cherokee. Many Indian Tribes require a MINIMUM of 1/32 to be considered a member of the tribe or nation and receive whatever benefits or privileges that may be available.

The reason Chief Baker looks white is because he's 31/32 white.
The points in the articles really went over all your heads didn't it?

Talk about "blatant" racism..wow...

By the way no one has proven that Elisabeth Warren does not have any native american heritage, and she never said she was a minority it was the Harvard School who did that, because she had mentioned she had native american history and ancestry. She doesn’t claim to be a member of the official Cherokee tribe. She just claims to have Cherokee blood like just about every Oklahoman.

Gee, and what about ole Mitt trying to pass himself off as hispanic?

Read up on these which sheds light on both.

To woo Latinos, Romney passing off as Hispanic heritage

Elisabeth Warren told employers of her American Heritage

Like I said, I hope the Republicans keep this up. They will alienate the majority of Americans with all this "extremism, bull crap".

I cannot wait until election day.. or better yet the upcoming debates!
By the way one has to ask what does this have to do with her running for any office? This guy running against her is not capable of running on the issues so he brings out this crap to distract folks..
Kinda like the guys who've posted in this thread!
The points in the articles really went over all your heads didn't it?

Talk about "blatant" racism..wow...

By the way no one has proven that Elisabeth Warren does not have any native american heritage, and she never said she was a minority it was the Harvard School who did that, because she had mentioned she had native american history and ancestry. She doesn’t claim to be a member of the official Cherokee tribe. She just claims to have Cherokee blood like just about every Oklahoman.

Gee, and what about ole Mitt trying to pass himself off as hispanic?

Read up on these which sheds light on both.

To woo Latinos, Romney passing off as Hispanic heritage

Elisabeth Warren told employers of her American Heritage

Like I said, I hope the Republicans keep this up. They will alienate the majority of Americans with all this "extremism, bull crap".

I cannot wait until election day.. or better yet the upcoming debates! Originally Posted by Sensia
Sensia, what is obvious is that the CNN article you cited went over your head. FACT: Romney's father was born in Mexico! But this is Romney's remark from the article you cited:

"Romney answered then with a similar answer to the one on the video. He gave a brief description of the circumstances of his father's birth, but then explained that neither he nor his dad was Mexican or had any claim to Hispanic heritage."

To answer your last question, Elisabeth Warren remains the worst kind of slimy, posturing politician. As stated above, an inexpensive blood test could resolve the issue of her heritage, but she has chosen not to submit to such a blood test. Meanwhile, she has made a career out of representing herself as a minority at the expense of other, true minority candidates -- now that is RACISM!

Here is the REAL story behind Romney's *Hispanic* heritage.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...XVI_story.html

Kinda like the guys who've posted in this thread! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
So Assup the Dim-wit, are you outting yourself as a eunuch or a post-op transsexual?
Dipshit of the year strikes again.
Dipshit of the year strikes again. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
So this is your new tagline, Assup? You really should just make it part of your signature . . . it'll save you some time typing.
JOSH MARSHALL SEPTEMBER 25, 2012, 2:34 PM 50669
I’ve been wondering about this for a few days. Scott Brown has made the ‘controversy’ over Elizabeth Warren’s purported Native American heritage a centerpiece of the final lap of the campaign. Indeed, his staffers went so far today as to taunt Warren with “tomahawk chops” mocking her claims.

But at the debate, Brown said this …

“As you know, I think what you’re referring to is the fact that professor Warren claimed she was a Native American, a person of color — And as you can see, she’s not.”
Now that sounds like a great gotcha line. Unless, you know really anything about the modern Cherokee Nation. In colloquial terms at least, most Cherokees, certainly many, “look white.”

So for example, here’s Principal Chief Bill John Baker of the Cherokee Nation.

Here’s perhaps the most famous Cherokee of the 20th century: Will Rogers.

Now, there’s a whole complicated debate about what it means to “look white” and obviously there are different hues of Cherokee in the US today. But I think the examples above speak for themselves. Brown apparently thinks that if Warren were a real Cherokee she’d be over there at the podium with dark-hued skin, war paint and a feather headdress.

Whether Warren was right to claim some level of Indian ancestry or whether she’s credentialed with this or that tribe I don’t really know or care about. But this “she don’t look Indian” line Brown is now basing his campaign on is ignorant to the point of offensive.

JOSH MARSHALL SEPTEMBER 25, 2012, 2:34 PM
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archive...cott_brown.php

Chief Bill John Bakers Statement on the "racist" issue:

The Cherokee Nation is disappointed in and denounces the disrespectful actions of staffers and supporters of Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown. The conduct of these individuals goes far beyond what is appropriate and proper in political discourse. The use of stereotypical “war whoop chants” and “tomahawk chops” are offensive and downright racist. It is those types of actions that perpetuate negative stereotypes and continue to minimize and degrade all native peoples.

The individuals involved in this unfortunate incident are high ranking staffers in both the senate office and the Brown campaign. A campaign that would allow and condone such offensive and racist behavior must be called to task for their actions.

The Cherokee Nation is a modern, productive society, and I am blessed to be their chief. I will not be silent when individuals mock and insult our people and our great nation.

We need individuals in the United States Senate who respect Native Americans and have an understanding of tribal issues. For that reason, I call upon Sen. Brown to apologize for the offensive actions of his staff and their uneducated, unenlightened and racist portrayal of native peoples.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/politics/Fu...5/-/index.html

Keep it up Republicans, you are offending and alienating every person of race, culture and color.. and this is what is causing independents to sway for Obama in those swing states. Originally Posted by Sensia
A bullshit post. Elizabeth Warren is NOT a Native American, yet she used what she said were some old stories that her family told to help her gain admission to institutions in which she would otherwise have been deemed non-competitive. Fauxcahontas is an appropriate name for this dishonest woman. As for the polls, none of the credible polling services (e.g., Rasmussen and Gallup) have the indies swinging to Obama in those states. Most polls are heavily oversampling Dems as per the 2008 turnout. If you factor in the 2004, 2008, and most recent 2010 turnouts, Romney has a 2 pt lead, on average.
So this is your new tagline, Assup? You really should just make it part of your signature . . . it'll save you some time typing. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I post in other forums from time to time, where people might not give a frogs fat ass who you are. Saving this distinction for you alone, UBJerkinoff.

Don't mind the extra typing. I'm sure Sloe Bloe appreciates it too. He was first runner up ... And you know what that means!
Sensia, what is obvious is that the CNN article you cited went over your head. FACT: Romney's father was born in Mexico! But this is Romney's remark from the article you cited:

"Romney answered then with a similar answer to the one on the video. He gave a brief description of the circumstances of his father's birth, but then explained that neither he nor his dad was Mexican or had any claim to Hispanic heritage."

To answer your last question, Elisabeth Warren remains the worst kind of slimy, posturing politician. As stated above, an inexpensive blood test could resolve the issue of her heritage, but she has chosen not to submit to such a blood test. Meanwhile, she has made a career out of representing herself as a minority at the expense of other, true minority candidates -- now that is RACISM!

Here is the REAL story behind Romney's *Hispanic* heritage.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...XVI_story.html

So Assup the Dim-wit, are you outting yourself as a eunuch or a post-op transsexual? Originally Posted by I B Hankering

I heard he was a hermaphrodite. I stand corrected, post-op transexual it is.
The thing is that it was Elizabeth Warren who said that her high cheekbones showed that she was Cherokee. She started the "I look like an Indian". So I guess you are right about her racism but we are more concerned with the fact that she got into Harvard using that lie. Somewhere in Oklahoma is a man or woman who didn't get into Harvard. They lost out to this lying sack of shit.

She also oversaw TARP and we all know how well that turned out.