Rory Gallagher

was at the plano library today, picked up a fantastic cd by jimmie vaughan...jimmie vaughan plays blues, ballads & favorites, and Big City Playboy by Omar Dykes. made copies and was placing them into the blues section of my massive music collection, when i picked up a rory gallagher cd and remembered i forgot the anniversary of his death on june 14th, 1995. one of the guitar greats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Jaodra7AY

JPdM
Classic!

Thanks for sharing JP.

K.
Rory Gallagher truly one the best guitar players ever. Have all of his old records. Not a lot of people know of him. R.I.P.
i lived in berlin germany back in '99. one of my buddies back in the states emailed and asked if i could locate some rory cd's that were released on some german label. i picked up 5 or 6 cd's for him...all classics. i actually looked a lot like rory back in the day, hair and all. but minus the talent.
did an interview with him when he was an opening act in the mid 70's for the school paper. very cool guy and he played some for us in private. rip.
His double live album is great-wore that sucker out. esp "as the crow flies"
His double live album is great-wore that sucker out. esp "as the crow flies" Originally Posted by Mopar71
that's some vinyl i would love to own.