Sport bike rider rear ends Harley rider and dies, 2 other sport bikes crater also

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/commu...carrollton.ece

Police are investigating a motorcycle crash that killed a Garland man and sent three other men to the hospital Thursday night.

No charges have been filed in the crash, which occurred about 10:45 p.m. on the Sam Rayburn Tollway near Hebron Parkway in Carrollton.

A group of 15 sport bikes was traveling north on the tollway and approaching a man riding a Harley Davidson in the center lane when one of the sport bike riders ran into the back of the Harley Davidson, police said. Two other sport bike riders lost control when they ran into the debris from the first crash.

One of the sport bike riders, Asdrubal A. Gomez, 25, died at Baylor Hospital, where he was transported via air ambulance.

Two other motorcyclists, 20-year-old Braulio Estrada and 41-year-old Eric Santiago, were transported to Parkland Memorial Hospital. Estrada remains in critical condition, and Santiago has been released. Both men live in Dallas. Estrada, alone among the motorcyclists, was not wearing a helmet, according to police.

Eric Nelson, a 46-year-old Whitewright resident who was riding the Harley, was taken to Parkland and later released.

The crash closed northbound lanes of the toll road for about four hours. Lanes were reopened for the morning commute.

Another reason to ride a big bike like a Harley instead of the rice burners....
Another reason to ride a big bike like a Harley instead of the rice burners.... Originally Posted by LazurusLong
no...it's a reason to learn how to properly ride whatever bike you choose to own. plenty of harley riders/owners, in addition to the rice-burner riders that don't know what they are doing. btw...my dad, uncle, and brother-in-law are all harley riders, but they all live in rural areas. i used to race motocross years ago, but choose to not ride a motorcycle of any kind until i can move to the country in a couple years. too many fuckwads in the metroplex that can't drive a car, let alone a motorcycle.

JPdM
Now if you could only train Bambi not to run in front of you ...
1 less dumb ass doing wheelies down the interstate
Darwinism at its finest.
To refine what Juan said.

It does not matter what you drive. Don't be a fuckwad on the road.
Squids...
Very tragic.
Although he died, I agree with the protest. My own helmet saved my life almost 10 years ago BUT that should be my choice, not mandated by law.

Fuck the seatbelt law, we have too many people waiting on transplant lists to enforce helmet laws and seatbelt laws.
Although he died, I agree with the protest. My own helmet saved my life almost 10 years ago BUT that should be my choice, not mandated by law.

Fuck the seatbelt law, we have too many people waiting on transplant lists to enforce helmet laws and seatbelt laws. Originally Posted by LazurusLong
If an individual's actions don't affect anyone else, the government has no business getting involved. Even if that means that Darwin prevails and people die. However, if an individual's actions cost society money, then government SHOULD get involved to protect us from the irresponsible actions of dumb-asses. I don't want to have to contribute even $0.01 for the bad choices of some dumb-ass biker who wants to ride without a helmet.

Motorcyclists who wish to ride without a helmet should be allowed to do so, but they should be required to purchase insurance policies to pay for the costs of scraping their brain matter off of the road... or for the cost of maintaining them on life support for who knows how long. Bottom line: I don't want to pay for their bad decisions.

Same goes for seat belts. If someone is stupid enough to ride without one, have at it! As long as I don't have to pay even one cent for rescue and care of someone who travels through the windshield and bounces down the road.

The reason there are helmet and seatbelt laws is not for the protection of the riders, it's for protection of the people who might have to pay for their foolishness. Rescue teams aren't permitted to say "Just leave him... let's go... he wasn't wearing a helmet."
L4L, pretty sure that if you want to drive a motorized vehicle anywhere on most roads in this country, you are required to carry insurance so not sure where the lack of insurance comes in? Also, unless we can lock the doors at all medical facilities on people who don't have any insurance yet who get hurt and need stitches or a bone set or immediate care, such as the 20 million illegals who don't have insurance yet we pay for the birthing of their babies and medical treatment every single day, or maybe the homeless, why do you single out motorcycle riders?

Now that we are have Obamacare insurance, that will be a moot issue.
L4L, pretty sure that if you want to drive a motorized vehicle anywhere on most roads in this country, you are required to carry insurance so not sure where the lack of insurance comes in? Also, unless we can lock the doors at all medical facilities on people who don't have any insurance yet who get hurt and need stitches or a bone set or immediate care, such as the 20 million illegals who don't have insurance yet we pay for the birthing of their babies and medical treatment every single day, or maybe the homeless, why do you single out motorcycle riders?

Now that we are have Obamacare insurance, that will be a moot issue. Originally Posted by LazurusLong
I'm happy that everyone HAS coverage, I just don't want to PAY for treatment of someone else's self-inflicted stuff. You want to ride without a helmet? Then BUY a special insurance rider to cover extra medical treatment. You want to sell tobacco in this country? Then PAY a steep corporate tax to cover the medical costs of your victims. I know, I know... it'll never happen.
I personally would love to see an additional steep tax on cigs to pay for smoking related sicknesses but just like the penalties the tobacco companies paid to settle the lawsuits never went to help people, collecting taxes and using for the proper purpose is not the strong suit of any government.

If it were, we wouldn't be facing issues with SS or Medicare or any other program. \

When I was very involved in riding, there was study after study that in the vast majority of cases, having a helmet didn't matter. Take the example from this past weekend where the guy crossed the center line to pass and hit 2 bikes head on and killed all 4 of them, helmets or not, they would have all died just as fast.

Maybe we should enforce a "tax" on hooking so that anyone, client or provider, who gets an STD can get treatment and if they get that worst case STD, they could get the pills to keep them alive like Magic?

We all pick and choose our risk level and how we want to live. I happen to no longer ride a bike but when I did, I wore a helmet.

Now I choose to get laid most times by pros and when I do, I use a cover. That is my choice and my risk level that i can live with and those who choose differently and catch something well, sucks to be them.