National Champs

Congratulations to Auburn Tigers... but can any other conference compete with the SEC in football? BTW are we still the Big 12 even though we only have 10 teams?
SEC is stout! I was hoping that the Ducks would prevail. We are still the Big 12 w/10 teams and the Big 10 is still the Big 10 w/12 teams....Interesting right. I can't believe the ego of the Big 12 (from the SWC days) stood in the way of not luring in TCU.
IMO, TCU should have been invited to join it would have made sense at least geographically. Now they are part of the Big East beginning after the 2011 football season, closet road game for them is now what Louisville or Cincinnati? Was it ego or dollars that was the deciding factor not inviting them?
tcu will never win a national championship. Too small of a school to keep up with the bigger schools.
JPJ, I understand about TCU being a smaller school it might explain why they joined the Big East. But back on topic, is there any conference that can consistently compete with the SEC? Sort of becoming whoever wins the SEC becomes the favorite to win the national championship. The Big 12 has Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State but they seem to fallen off this past year. The Big Ten has Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa and Penn State with Michigan having really tumbled in recent years. The Pac 10 has Oregon and Stanford with USC falling out of contention this year. Are any of these conferences or any other conference geared to compete with the eventual SEC champion on a yearly basis?