What are YOU doing...

• Toyz
  • 12-17-2015, 11:33 AM
For your Hoogars?

Its the Holiday Season. Time to spread legs and joy. In this wonderful time of caring & giving, I want to know what YOU are doing for your favorite Hoogars this holiday season?

You aren't going to let us in on how you spoil YOUR ladies? Come on Toyz make me jealous!! haha
Seeing who's been naughty, or nice, checking my list twice! Handing out candy canes.

IB
  • Toyz
  • 12-17-2015, 03:52 PM
You aren't going to let us in on how you spoil YOUR ladies? Come on Toyz make me jealous!! haha Originally Posted by gingerpie
I'll tell ya what GP...If you can find TWO benevolent mongers who will share something special they are doing for their favorites this Christmas season, and I'll share some of what I am doing!

My fear is they would prefer engaging in the ultra boring drama threads created by lonely old middle aged guys with nothing else to do...

Ready?

GO!
I'll tell ya what GP...If you can find TWO benevolent mongers who will share something special they are doing for their favorites this Christmas season, and I'll share some of what I am doing!

My fear is they would prefer engaging in the ultra boring drama threads created by lonely old middle aged guys with nothing else to do...

Ready?

GO! Originally Posted by Toyz
I'll jump in it.. lol.. I'm taking one of my faves out for dinner and an evening at the Christmas Bazaar...... next.
  • Toyz
  • 12-17-2015, 04:32 PM
I'll jump in it.. lol.. I'm taking one of my faves out for dinner and an evening at the Christmas Bazaar...... next. Originally Posted by nuglet
Thanks Nuglet!

Helping to prove that some of us have hearts...
My fav's and I have a five dollar limit so maybe a set of aluminum foil cookware, or travel toiletries.

I have my personal organizer (ATF) who will be receiving 2 bottles of Champagne and a selection of caviars. This is what her sampler will consist of;

2 oz Imported, Premium 000 Osetra Caviar
2 oz Imported Sevruga Caviar
2 oz American Sturgeon Caviar
Crème Fraiche
Mini Blini’s
Petits Toasts

She usually shares her gifts with a couple of her close GF's and well my January is always one to remember.
There's a big bag of presents in my closet waiting for a special lady.
  • Toyz
  • 12-17-2015, 05:25 PM
My fav's and I have a five dollar limit so maybe a set of aluminum foil cookware, or travel toiletries.

I have my personal organizer (ATF) who will be receiving 2 bottles of Champagne and a selection of caviars. This is what her sampler will consist of;

2 oz Imported, Premium 000 Osetra Caviar
2 oz Imported Sevruga Caviar
2 oz American Sturgeon Caviar
Crème Fraiche
Mini Blini’s
Petits Toasts

She usually shares her gifts with a couple of her close GF's and well my January is always one to remember. Originally Posted by RandB fan
Classy Rand! Hey, if you have the cookware left over I never have enough...
  • Toyz
  • 12-17-2015, 05:37 PM
Hmmmm My turn.

SO FAR in December...

*A all out Italian feast...I made everything (except the pasta) from scratch including bananas foster (yeah with the flaming liquor-based on the recipe from Brennans in NOLA...dinner followed by play time...followed by dessert
*A foray to downtown for a fun dinner, followed by the Christmas Master Pancake show and drinks at the Ritz. If you haven't seen it...and you like off the wall humor...I highly recommend it.
*Another feast, this time with sauteed' scallops over angel hair with a white wine reduction sauce

Am taking a Hoogar out NYE for a fabulous dinner & performance afterwards, then a party at midnight...

In previous years I have...

*Made many other feasts...
*Took an ATF to Padre
*Gave THE ATF (shes long out of the business) a set of diamond earrings for Christmas
*Gave a different ATF a "Spirit Present" with Patron, Makers Mark & a couple of bottles of nice wine
*Gave a HAK (Hoogar w/Attached Kid) some Christmas presents for her Kiddo
*Took a ATF to a Cowboys game & then a Mavericks game...(one rare year when the Cowboys were decent)

And right now I am deciding on whether to take a Hoogar or a Civvie to the following shows next year...

*AC/DC in Houston or Dallas (haven't decided which venue yet.)
*The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies at the Barclay center in NYC...along with some shows, sightseeing, walks in THE (Central) Park...
Not a chance! Hoogars love their getto culinary foil cookware (did you know you can fry eggs in it? Me either) maybe some plastic glassware would be nice.

I do have some (a lot) of Le Creuset stuff laying around that my SO wishes I didn't have. I cook alot as you do. The fry pans are almost to heavy for her to pick up, no less throw at me!

I bought her a set of 3 of these last Christmas and she uses the shit out of them, dishwasher safe and the 10 1/2" only weight 7.5lbs vs. twice that for my 12" frypans. I wouldn't want to be on the receing end of one of these.
The set was only about $400 w only 1 cast iron lid

Classy Rand! Hey, if you have the cookware left over I never have enough... Originally Posted by Toyz
  • Toyz
  • 12-17-2015, 06:44 PM
Not a chance! Hoogars love their getto culinary foil cookware (did you know you can fry eggs in it? Me either) maybe some plastic glassware would be nice.

I do have some (a lot) of Le Creuset stuff laying around that my SO wishes I didn't have. I cook alot as you do. The fry pans are almost to heavy for her to pick up, no less throw at me!

I bought her a set of 3 of these last Christmas and she uses the shit out of them, dishwasher safe and the 10 1/2" only weight 7.5lbs vs. twice that for my 12" frypans. I wouldn't want to be on the receing end of one of these.
The set was only about $400 w only 1 cast iron lid
Originally Posted by RandB fan
I have a set of cast iron skillets I've had for 20 years...my favorite skillets! My go to cookware is some copper Cuisinart I've had for a decade. An antique copper & ceramic double boiler that's probably my favorite piece overall...beautiful & perfect for melting chocolate for chocolate & strawberries.

Le Crueset is as good as it gets...I always wanted to invest in some Mauviel copper....

Quality cookware is a huge advantage...

Now THIS meal I made recently wasn't for a Hoogar, but for a Civvie friend...not that I cook any differently, but in this one I used my cast iron skillet to bake stuffed tomatoes...to go with the pan sautéed squash & the Pork-N-Pine...(a cored whole pineapple, stuffed with boneless pork chops seasoned in cloves/cinnamon-then wrapped in thick bacon & baked...I recommend it...simple, but really tasty & unusual.

*heavy breathing* jeezus Im a recovering food addict stop the delicious madness!!! You stuffed that pineapple with sexy porkchops and wrapped it in bacon! Omg. #bbwstrug
  • Toyz
  • 12-17-2015, 07:20 PM
*heavy breathing* jeezus Im a recovering food addict stop the delicious madness!!! You stuffed that pineapple with sexy porkchops and wrapped it in bacon! Omg. #bbwstrug Originally Posted by gingerpie
Actually there are a lot of fun things to do with Bacon "the phood of the Gods"

this is a cheeseburger/Jalepeno/Sushi roll I made this summer...

And a monster size Spanish Paella...(was fantastic, and somewhat complicated dish)....I made this for a civvie Halloween party.

OK lets get back on topic...what goodies have some of you given to your favorite Hoogars?
I have a set of vintage clad revere copper on display in my AZ house, love using them most even, retained heat but I just hate, really hate cleaning them.

This what I have but mine looks new at 40 years old, This is not a bad deal at $600 but at $250, I am going to esnipe it if there are no bids
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revere-Ware-...-/161918047156

I have a set of cast iron skillets I've had for 20 years...my favorite skillets! My go to cookware is some copper Cuisinart I've had for a decade. An antique copper & ceramic double boiler that's probably my favorite piece overall...beautiful & perfect for melting chocolate for chocolate & strawberries.

Le Crueset is as good as it gets...I always wanted to invest in some Mauviel copper....That is tin lined, no thank you

Quality cookware is a huge advantage... Originally Posted by Toyz