What have we come to?

It seems that discussion on the board is getting to be like national politics, far too uncivil and centered on demeaning remarks. It seems to me (maybe because I'm an old guy) that the idea of reviews is to provide information from one person's experience and perspective. It may different from the one someone else has had, or will have, and the likes and dislikes of the experience may influence the personal perspective, but each is informative.
So why is it that the rancor seems to emanate from one posting one's opinion? If someone else disagrees and says that his experience was better or not at good as the one described, that simply seems to suggest the old YMMV that used to suggest that not everyone reacts the same to every situation.
I come to ECCIE for information, not to see who can be more creative in expressing negative ideas. I don't post much, and made a mistake recently for which I was appropriately reprimanded by the mod. I do log in pretty frequently and want to learn from others, not be deluged with negativity and course remarks.
If that makes me too old and too vulnerable, so be it. My two cents worth.
Your two cents have a lot of value. I agree with you completely. I wonder if we can go back to "the good old days"?
I miss the "good old days."
I miss the "good old days." Originally Posted by MsElena
Me too!!
At least theres been more postin here today than there has been in weeks- if they get paid for ad impressions here they gotta love me.
wow
At least theres been more postin here today than there has been in weeks- if they get paid for ad impressions here they gotta love me. Originally Posted by grumpysmurf
All: I am not the regular mod here. That being said, I have been asked at times by MA and JB to "watch the store" while they have had to attend to issues outside of our site. Obviously, I lurk too. At this point there is one person creating havoc here. I request (i.e. non-optional) to return to respect of your fellow eccie members. Any further deviation from my request will result in additional reprimands.