Issues of the fake reviews

So the other day a person gets in touch with me bypassing my verification process. How this person got my information was very interesting. My name,photo, and how to get in touch with me are all listed on a site, but all the rest of the info is completely wrong. Take for exsample it's listed that I'm Asian and of a height between 5ft-5'4". Now for anyone that's ever met me can tell you how truly laughable that is. Let me tell you that about as Asian as I am part parkeet bird.The fact that my pics clearly show that I'm as white as Johnny Appleseed apparently makes no difference to the site. What really got me was that I have 3 reviews on there. WTF? How the hell do I have 3 reviews from an unknown site? Btw, trying to find this site has been frustratingly difficult to find.

Now I'm very proud of the fact, that as far as I'm aware of, that none of my reviews are fake(1 review is a lie),asked for,or done as part of a "review special". Don't get me wrong about review specials, they are valid, but as a personal choice so have never done a "review special ", nor do I plan on doing a "review special ".

Anyways it got me to thinking about fake reviews and why a hobbiest would write one. Why would a hobbiest write one? What does a hobbiest consider a fake review? How do you spot a fake review? What does a hobbiest do when he sees one?ECT

For providers that gets a fake review on this site there isn't options that we can do to correct this problem. This is truly sad and unjustifiable for the Eccie review process. Mods,please don't say hit the RTM in the review. It's a horseshit line and will only lead to a baroge of horror stories from providers. Basically the site's creators made the review policies easy to dilute the system with false information. If there are no checks with in the system, then there are no balances with in the system.

So this leaves the hobbiest themselves to monitor the reviews. So how do hobbiest spot a fake review? What do you consider a fake review or part of the review is fake? What does a hobbiest do when he sees a fake review? ECT

This is mainly a curiosity on my part,but this is a true subject in the hobby world and should be talked about IMO.
You start off talking about fake reviews on other sites, then state you don't have any fake reviews ECCIE, then proceed to claim that ECCIE's review policies make it easy to dilute the system with false information.

Yet you have no fake reviews on here.

Anyway, yes they do happen from time to time. They are difficult for moderators to remove while also adhering to the strict principle of never removing content from this site except under specific circumstances.

If we can prove a review is fake then we absolutely remove it and detach it from a provider's profile.

The problem is that girls believe their word alone constitutes proof. It doesn't. Since most times a claim of a fake review comes down to a "he said, she said" we leave them up. That sucks for the girl with a fake review but we let the membership decide what to believe.

However, the broader principle at work is that moderators do not censor content from this site. There have been sites in the past where providers got bad reviews or other reviews they didn't want deleted so they could manage their Image.

It is better for the occasional fake review to slip through (and even claims of them are rare) than for the membership to feel like site credibility cannot be trusted because we censor or delete reviews upon provider request.

Ok Spice, first of all nice try at trying to muddy up the waters of my thread. What part of "as far as I know my reviews on Eccie are not fake " did you not seem to understand? When I was new I didn't know to check my reviews or even give them much thought. Over time I learned to become aware of them.

Let's me get this straight, you didn't understand that there is a site out there that has my info but everything else is wrong on it? I'm not sure how else to spell it out for you on that. SOMEONE SENT ME A SCREEN SHOOT OF THIS SITE. IT SHOWS MY INFO,WRONG DESCRIPTION, AND THAT IT HAS 3 REVIEWS. Hopefully that clears that up.

Last of all its been proven,challenged, called-out,ect when there is a fake review written. It's been proven that even if the review is a good review but it's still a fake that nothing happens. Even when the provider gives proof that she wasn't in the area for months the fake review still stands. So a lot of what you wrote becomes invaild. With most other site's a review is considered to be fake if the provider doesn't say something about the review.
Claims of a fake review arr not rare at all. What has happened is that providers got tired of the extreme bashing that we get when something is said about them. Simply put, it's not worth it to say anything due to the type of culture that developed on this site towards providers.
As usual, you've missed the point entirely. Carry on with your threAD.
I have had false positive reviews posted and had no problem getting them removed. Probably helped I had a text from the gent admitting they were false...
As usual you missed the point Spice. The point was what do hobbiest do when they see a fake review. Again Spice you have discredited yourself and made no point. Also how is this a threAD? Is there any type of pics of me, any type of advertising, anything to associate this as an ad? Please, by all means inform me and the Eccie community as to how you came to the conclusion that this is an ad and NOT a viable hobby topic? Please state how your comment is nuteral and can be said as an impartial MOD statement.
VL, you were lucky and was able to get the fake review removed. Most of the time this isn't the case and there are lots of threads that give evidence to this fact. Again this thread is about what does a hobbiest see as a fake review and what does he do to point this out.
Let me ask this question then-if I start any type of thread topic do you consider it to be a threAD just because I started it? If that's what you truly believe then thats truly sad and jaded on your perception of me. Is that also your view on any provider if she had started up such a thread?
Not a gent but I have a theory as to why guys post fake reviews. I think some new clients will find a popular provider, one who travels a lot, and gets lots of reviews. (lots in multiple places) Then post a review. Doing it for ROS access and as a way to verify themselves. Some ladies may not check with a provider to verify the guy saw them. Just look and go hey everyone knows her he must be good he reviewed her. The provider likely not even being aware there is a fake review because it got lost in the shuffle. Thats just one theory and why I always check references on Eccie. P411 at least makes a girl verify an ok. Eccie anyone can post anything.
That is one reason why there is fake reviews written. I truly do appreciate the the responses and feedback from both you and VL,but mainly this is asking about what do hobbiest see as a fake review and other such questions. Overall most providers do their best to keep their reviews as real as possible. There are some providers that do however write their own reviews or ask for "a little help" from a hobbiest,ect. Can a hobbiest spot those or does it even matter to a hobbiest? Maybe I didnt make my point clear enough in my first post. Hopefully this post will clear up that issue. The reason for me stating the first post like I did was to show how the subject even got into my head in the first place.

Let me you though, OMG for me to have any other thought than how to start a threAD is just to far-fetched for some people to entertain.

Looking back, yes you are right TR I was asking about why a hobbiest would write a fake review. My apologies.
No worries.
Maybe you should read GL11
#11 - Review "Quacking" , a term which describes openly proclaiming falsehood in reply to a review, will be strongly discouraged by our staff. If you believe a review to be false, use the RTM function to report it to your local staff.
Is it ok to post links of various reviews where hobbiest are saying that the review is suspected as a fake?

What is it about the review that made each hobbiest think it's a fake?

What was done about the review?

If the RTM was used why did nothing happen?ect,ect ect?
Sure. What you are pointing out is modtard failure to enforce the guidelines. That is very different from modtards going to the next level and acting on calls of a fake review. The first will not be noticed outside of the local forum. The second cannot be done without drawing attention to the GL 11 violation in modtardville.