Tuberville in at Tech

Tech hired Tommy Tuberville to replace Mike Leach. I really liked the Pirate (Leach) but in light of the controversy, Tuberville seems to be a good fit. Tech now looks forward to having Houston visit Jones Stadium this year.It's one thing to win in the last seconds at home - it's a totally different thing to win on the Plains.
I'm disappointed in the hire. I really felt like Ruffin should have had the job. He's done a marvelous job with marginal talent and the players adore him. My guess is that Tub will change the offense so much that 8-4 will look good for a couple of years.

Hook'em Horns!
TECH lost a golden chance to do the right thing!
No doubt politics played into getting To.Tuberville to TxTech.
Too bad for Ruffin.
Too bad for Tech.
It was all just too bad . . .
Except for ousting Leach, whose name fits IMHO.
I guess tech will once again take its place at the bottom of the standings again. I bet 5 win seasons will be the norm. I agree Ruffin would have been a great hire. Tubberville not so good a hire
I guess tech will once again take its place at the bottom of the standings again. I bet 5 win seasons will be the norm. I agree Ruffin would have been a great hire. Tubberville not so good a hire Originally Posted by simpleton
Any coach taking that job has to know he is walking into a Hornets nest. I agree, TT will not be the right fit.
IMO the big winner here is Art Briles. There are a lot of Texas kids that were verbally committed to Leach who will be looking for another place to go and Baylor is on the way up.