Neighborhoods With The Best Christmas Lights?

I'd love to know. Everything I stumble upon is no where near as nice as I remember as a kid. In the neighborhood I grew up in, everyone partook in decorating. It was actually coordinated by the HOA and different streets had different themes.

We took a drive through the Heights tonight and it wasn't that great, but there was a dinosaur display that was pretty cool, whoever created it is pretty crafty. It is just Christmas lights woven through plastic net to create the shape of dinosaurs ... however when it comes to houses, maybe only 1 in 20 houses actually had lights up.

heights.jpg

heights2.jpg
  • Trey
  • 12-10-2016, 06:14 AM
Lights are a pain in the ass. Fun to see but hell to deal with. I bought one string of lights and hung them up, merry Xmas.
Well this is right up your alley then, a lightless Christmas tree ... LMAO ....

chritmas3.jpg
1. River Oaks near the country club
2. The neighborhood bounded by San Felipe, Woodway, Sage and Chimney Rock
3. Prestonwood Forest
Lights are a pain in the ass. Fun to see but hell to deal with. I bought one string of lights and hung them up, merry Xmas. Originally Posted by Trey
in the neighborhood where I used to live a guy a couple houses away put xmas lights up, and left them up permanently!
If you are coming from the beltway headed west on I10, go south on Wilcrest. The neighborhood streets on your right are all decorated. Pretty cool. Each Street has a different theme. Not every street, but they have the most houses participating with lights than I've ever seen.
Galveston island
Jersey Village used to have themed streets but I try to avoid that place as the popo there are HCJ rejects.
Back when I was a kid Glenbrook Valley was awesome.
We could not afford to drive all the way across town to see lights.
I'm taking my mini monsters up 290 to Santa's wonderland. One drive,hay ride with coco all the lights you could ever want to see.
Of course mine a bigger so the joy of riding up and down neighborhood streets searching for lights is gone.
1. River Oaks near the country club
2. The neighborhood bounded by San Felipe, Woodway, Sage and Chimney Rock
3. Prestonwood Forest Originally Posted by chitwoodstunts
+1. They are all professionally decorated or done by their full time landscaper.
Thanks for the replies ... I took him to see the trains at 2ed Baptist church last night on Woodway then we drove around the Memorial/Voss area and finished with meeting Santa at the mall. If anyone is doing pictures with Santa I would say don't do it at Memorial city. Look at Santas freaking face ... could you at least pretend to be happy asshole?

ford.jpg ford2.jpg

ford3.jpg
  • bbkid
  • 12-16-2016, 07:26 AM
Back when I was a kid Glenbrook Valley was awesome.
We could not afford to drive all the way across town to see lights. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Yep. Same here. Glenbrook Valley holds lots of good memories. Came up at lunch just last week while eating with a bunch of my old hot rod buddies.
Candle Light Forest over by 43rd street and Ella