Freedom of Information Act Request Seeking Records on ECCIE.NET: None. Theories?

https://www.muckrock.com/about/ - - is a "proxy requester" when a journalist or researcher or Bob Hobby wants to file a FOIA request, but do not want to file the request in their own name, can use Muck Rock.

Have no idea who requester was, or why? The result is interesting though.

Any theories: 1) feds are lying and has records it won't admit it has records that it will not admit it has? ; 2) feds do not organize records by domain name and it missed records that it might have found with more than just a domain name? 3) this domain is truly not at all on the Agency's radar and there has not been one lead, one memo, one call, one tip nothing? Really?

Check this out:

19Trees
You want people to speculate? Why? What purpose would it serve?
Trees first reaction upon seeing this was bit of disbelief. Seemed sensible to suspend it for awhile and listen to reactions of others.

We know that more than 200,000 members here started about 1M threads and 6M posts. As it relates to information/opinions/judgments/speculations, ECCIE is undoubtedly thriving and active. Fair to say its the single best crowd sourcing tool in the trade.

Seemed unlikely to be missed in an increasingly snoopy world and decided to crowd source it here see what can be learned. Hope peeps come along with new or additional info. We have our share of conspiracy theorists for which this is fodder. Interested to hear what peeps have to add to this thread.

19Trees
  • Old-T
  • 12-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Reread para. 3 of their letter.

Those loopholes are perfectly understandable in certain situations, but also large enough to hide an armored battalion in. I've done it a few times myself.

A negative reply to a FOIA request really tells you almost nothing.
You want people to speculate? Why? What purpose would it serve? Originally Posted by ShysterJon

Cause it is fun and we are fucking bored out of gourds.

I saw that same article not too long ago. For the most part, what we have here is a bunch of misdemeanor crime and the board does it's best not to make it easy to make some kind of RICO case against them. So it is not worth the agency's resources.

I am certain they may track a few people who use this website and use the board to keep tabs on "persons of interest" in other types of cases. But what we do doesn't merit the resources it would take to "bring us down".
  • Brot
  • 12-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Since it excludes 3 major LE sources all it tells you is that the government has it ways of keeping its secrets.

While I agree with Quagmire that eccie seems to pretty much fly under the radar that could all change pretty quickly. All it would take is a couple of high profile cases where some sick deviant like Ariel Castro or the like were linked to eccie to stir up a witch hunt.
First thing I noticed is the font is wrong for the subject, makes me think this is a bad forgery. They should of at least used a handy dandy program like text bridge to get the font correct.
First thing I noticed is the font is wrong for the subject, makes me think this is a bad forgery. They should of at least used a handy dandy program like text bridge to get the font correct. Originally Posted by MrNaughty
Yes! You are correct!