What would you consider as ALERT- or NON ALERT-worthy info?

Seeing how there is a disagreement on information that should be flagged as an Alert here on ECCIE, I'm hoping we can share our views on it and reach a general consensus of topics to post or not to post on the ALERT forum.

My understanding of the alert forum is that it should contain information to inform others of potential or actual threats, be it physical harm, verbal abuse, scams, or any other criminal activities that would affect the hobby community. Having said that, an alert should be raised only when you want others to be aware of something that stands out from the norm; not when everyone is already generally aware of the situation.

Ie.
On sites that do not verify providers (ie. BP, CL, eros, etc.):
1) False advertising (eg. fake pictures)
2) Change of handle/number
3) Having pimps (I think there are exceptions to this)

are not alert-worthy because anyone who venture into those sites know that there are legitimate and experienced providers and that there are new, inexperienced providers and even outright scammers.

On the same note, I'd consider these alert-worthy for sites that do not verify providers:
1) Pimp who robbed you or clearly ill-treats/abuses the girls
2) Ellie stings
3) Stealing of pictures from verified providers (the provider's reputation is at stake)

As for alerts that pertain to this site, all the above would be considered as alert-worthy. In addition to the above lists, I'd include:
1) Posting of false reviews
2) Use of multiple handles

For the most part, highly controversial accusations should be restricted to Men's or Ladies' Lounge or Coed forums. Same goes for:
1) NCNS
2) Unsatisfactory provider service
3) Unsatisfactory client behavior

That's all I come up with for now. I'm sure everyone else can fill in the gaps or disagree on certain parts.
I don't see what the problem is with informing your fellow hobbyists and providers if someone has a pimp or fake pictures just because they are on CL or BP. If someone has a bad experience with a bait and switch or an uneasy feeling about a Pimp, why not post it as an alert to make others aware?

Using someone else's pictures is a scam because you are luring a hobbyist under false pretenses. Similarly, advertising a girl as an independent when you are really her pimp or agency is a scam because there are hobbyists who have their reasons for not wanting to deal with pimps and agencies and should be able to make an informed decision to avoid those girls without being tricked.

The whole reason this board exists is to share information. I don't know why we would want to restrict it.

I think we are all adults and when we read an alert we don't feel is credible or alert worthy, we can simply ignore it and move on.

I also don't see why highly controversial accusations should always be restricted to the men's or ladies' areas. It gives the accused no opportunity to defend themselves. Sometimes the truth becomes more clear when both sides have had their say. I also recognize that most of us aren't brave enough to do that for fear of retaliation. But I always admire the ones with enough guts to face their opponent in the open.

Just my 2 cents.
i think fake pics is alert worthy because it implies much more. someone lures you in with fake pics and then you try to leave without leaving your money. they know you showed up with the quoted fee in cash. if they are hell bent on taking it from you it is now a robbery or worse. it has happened to me in the past, so maybe that is why i think this and you don't.

also, for legit providers who actually use their real pics, where there are no sanctions when fake pics are caught, legit providers have an incentive to use fake pics as well. if there is no "outing" with fake pics, then the standard will be to use fake pics as there is more fair competition for everyone to falsely advertise.
I think the fake reviews and multiple handles should be outed. There are providers, agencies, and hobbyist that do this to help a girl's business. In a lot of cases, they do this to knock out competition or manipulate the board to thier liking.
At the top of the Alert forum is the following statement:

Alerts - Austin Issues which could endanger the safety of a member or members of our community go here. Please reserve this space for legitimate alerts, and not general FYI material.

The most important thing to remember is some of the items discussed are extremely difficult to prove. The process of proving these items is very time consuming and lengthy. Particularily multiple handles.

That is why we need continue to need everyone's help in this area. If something does not meet the above criteria, it can and should still be posted in the Coed Forum, Ladies Powder Room Forum, Ladies Infoshare Forum, and/or Men's Lounge Forum.

Thanks for all who are participating in making our community more safe and secure. Please, keep up the good work.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Imho, An alert is first hand info like atxrefman's alert. Browsing the web and using tiny eye is an FYI saying, hey, these may not be real pics. Alerts that use words like may it could or might are fyi's, not alerts
That's an interesting point - firsthand knowledge (alert) vs hearsay (other forums). I can agree with that.
I think we worry too much about this.

My opinion:

It's fine to say NCNS goes in coed and enforce that.

Sessions with poor service should go into reviews unless services were promised and paid for but not delivered.

Let the mods decide if a particular thread needs to be in another forum. Why do people get so upset when a mod moves a thread from one forum to another? The thread's still on the board.
I think we are blurring the lines of informing and alerting.

From what I understand, alerts should be used to notify others of things like cash & dash, robbery, physical or personal threats, coercion, compromise of personal information, etc..

As for informing others of bait & switch, NCNS, existence of pimps or managers, and other misleading acts, they can be outed as part of a review or a thread in CoEd or other forums.

As for fake pictures leading to robbery, that's a pretty slippery slope you're on. Someone using fake pictures may or may not rob you, or they may just be ignorant of the practices here or else where. This is akin to making all Muslims register and announce their presence in every neighborhood because one of them bombed a building once.

We have to be very careful of accusing people in a community that lives on reputation. Most of us have never met each other, but recognize and sometime do business based on our reputations here.
From what I understand, alerts should be used to notify others of things like cash & dash, robbery, physical or personal threats, coercion, compromise of personal information, etc..
Exactly, all from FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE

If your best friend forever tells you about something his cousin's sister's daughter saw on the website THAT IS NOT AN ALERT. If you search on tinyeye turns up 30 hits THAT IS NOT AN ALERT, that is an fyi - hey guys, really wanted to hit this babe until I realized she had 30 tinyeye hits. ALERT=FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE, fyi = interesting research but zero facts
Exactly, all from FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE

If your best friend forever tells you about something his cousin's sister's daughter saw on the website THAT IS NOT AN ALERT. If you search on tinyeye turns up 30 hits THAT IS NOT AN ALERT, that is an fyi - hey guys, really wanted to hit this babe until I realized she had 30 tinyeye hits. ALERT=FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE, fyi = interesting research but zero facts Originally Posted by kittyloveratx
so we have to wait for someone to get physically assaulted, robbed, or lose their money before an alert can be posted?

pretty dumb if you ask me. i nominate kittyloveratx to be the first in line everytime, since he subscribes to this theory. we will see how well it works out for him.
As for fake pictures leading to robbery, that's a pretty slippery slope you're on. Someone using fake pictures may or may not rob you, or they may just be ignorant of the practices here or else where. Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
fake pics is an indicator of fraud. at the minimum it is bait and switch. now if they will simply let you walk without a "cancel fee" that's one thing. if their pimp decides to rob you that's quite another.

im not making this up. it happened to me. and it has happened to several people who have been set up and robbed. anyone who is out to set someone up to be robbed isn't going to post their real pics on an ad so you have a way to positively identify them at a later date.

while i agree that fake pics does not equate to robbery, how many girls using real pics had their pimp rob them?

and if we have a stupid rule that you must be personally robbed before you can post an alert....who'd be the one to take that one for the team? only a fool. although i see alot of false bravado on this board, so perhaps someone will be dumb enough to step up.

i still think it is alert worthy. additionally there is no incentive for any girls on ECCIE to post real pics if nobody seems to care.
hey, no problem, you pay for it each and every time and I'll go first!

Not asking you, but yeah, you are pretty dumb. Obviously, you believe that a tinyeye search is the cure all - end all, or that based on the way people look, the color of their skin, their religious beliefs, can determine EXACTLY what will happen. Here we have agencies admitting to using pictures that are *similar* to the looks you can expect to receive. So, based on your obsession with backpage girls and their pictures, I or anyone else is to believe that your tinyeye research is the definitive be-all end-all to safety? And you keep throwing out physically assaulted, robbed, or lose their money....excluding the last for a second. How many reported cased here or elsewhere IN AUSTIN can you site for physical assaults or robbery? How many?

You talk like an expert, cite facts that without your *alerts* people are going to die, get robbed, mugged, hurt and then turn it around and try to blame people that question your bullshit if you don't post? GROW A FUCKING PAIR I will always question bullshit when I read it, its the fucking internet and nothing here is personal unless YOU CHOOSE to accept it as personal. Honestly, I really, really really really really really hate to admit this but Whispers was absolutely 100% correct

Wah Wah Wah Wah Time to call mommy isn't it?
Honestly, I really, really really really really really hate to admit this but Whispers was absolutely 100% correct

Wah Wah Wah Wah Time to call mommy isn't it? Originally Posted by kittyloveratx
I think I'll add that to my Signature Line!
go for it, I give all trade mark and copy right ownership to you!