Triathlon Training

I started training this week to do a triathlon. I need a bicycle but am not sure what kind to get. Any advice would be helpful. Also, not sure what is the best source/information about nutrition while doing these. Any advice would be appreciated.
How far is the bike portion? And do you plan to do a lot of these or use the bike for other stuff too?
I would like to more yes. I would be using the bike mostly for competition.
Go to your local big Trek store. My SO does triathlons and 150 mile a day rides. Her bike is carbon fiber at $3200 6 years ago. just so you know. I ride 2 Trek bikes myself, road bike and a 7900 hybrid.

If you are just going to do tri training and races, you should get a road bike. You will only be limited by your budget. I got a bike for Xmas and chose a mountain bike because I wanted the versatility of riding around the neighborhood, on the trail and on the road. As i get more into it I going to get a road bike. I went to the Bicycle Sport Shop on Parmer. The staff was very helpful in finding a good model. They also gave me a $100 gift card for buying a bike over $500, and there was 15% off accessories.
I do triathlons and duathlons. The biggest factors will be your budget, how many triathlons you plan to do in the future as well as distance.

There is a difference between Tri bikes and Road bikes. Tri bikes are generally more expensive. If you are planning to do sprints up to olympic distances exclusively I'd recommend getting a road bike. Solid road bikes with a carbon fiber / aluminum frame mixes with good components will be somewhere around 800 +

Go check out Jack & Adams. They offer great starter packages and won't steer you wrong. Word of warning though, I bought what I thought was a decent road bike for about 400.00 and I almost immediately wanted to upgrade.
Thank you all for the good advice. Yes I will admit budget is an issue so i do plan on getting a used bike. Thank you for the advice. Im going to start with just one race..hoping to do the Lake P tri. If not that one than the one in Sept.