Hey Ladies and Gents Take the Flu Seriously

I am not reccommending you get take the flu shot or not. That is up to you. However, if you're experiencing flu like symptoms take it very seriously. Btw if you have the flu you are wasting your money getting a flu shot.
I heard a report today, that if you stay hydrated.. one cup of water an hour.. you greatly diminish your exposure to the flu virus.. and wet weather (like today) helps to constrain the virus.

but yeah, take the flu seriously.. wash hands.. cough in your sleeve.. stay home if you catch the flu
I had the real deal a few years ago. A lot of people have a bad cold and think they have the flu but there are a few major differences.
It comes on quick.
You can be fine in the morning and in bed with a 103 degree fever by 2pm. It's been incubating for about 3 days in your body but you don't know it.... gathering strength to make its attack.
I was sick for 9 days and I got progressively worse the first 4 days.
I didn't have the energy to take a shower for about 3 days.
It was like the worst head and chest cold I've ever had, with headaches, fever and body aches that make your lower back feel like a car ran over you. Every joint hurt.
I had very little appetite but I was not sick on my stomach at all.
Friends brought me food and left it at the doorstep at my request.
I felt weak and got tired easily for about 3 more weeks afterwards.
Needless to say, I get a flu shot every year. I can easily see how it could kill someone if you're not in good health with a healthy immune system.
If you feel at all like I described, get to a doctor. They have a lot of things now that can help you.
Just now getting over the flu. Dec 28 had fever of 104.4 and was barely able to walk to the kitchen or bathroom. Had to hang onto the walls to keep upright. Got some Tamiflu which helped alot. Don't have insurance, 10 pills cost $133. The flu (H1N1, swine flu, courtesy of the Chinese) took away my holiday, New Years, several days of work, and has left me weak. Still have a residual cough. The flu is a bad and do not hesitate to get a flu shot. My hubris kept me from getting a flu shot and I paid the price.
I'm just getting over H1N1 too. Turns out Texas is the center of the universe for it this year.

I haven't been sick in years so I spurned the flu shot. Big mistake. Three days of high, high fever. At one point, I collapsed on the floor and was unconscious for about 30 seconds because of fever and dehydration. I woke up cussing with a sore head and my kids freaking out. I had no idea what had happened.

I'm past the worst part now, but I will probably have a residual cough for a month. Fuck.

Next year I will get the damn shot.

L4L
  • MojoR
  • 01-09-2014, 06:00 AM
I also had the real deal flu just around Christmas. I'd never had the flu, so never saw the reason to get a flu shot. I won't be making that mistake again. Like dallaswill, I had a temp of 104. At one point I had the shakes from the chills so bad I fell off the toilet... I also got Tamiflu (insured it still cost me 80). I'm sure it helped. I can now understand how the flu kills so many people.

This is what the web says about avoiding the flu:
help protect you from getting the flu.

Wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
Practice good health habits. Get plenty of sleep and exercise, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat healthy food.
Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
If you are sick with flu-like illness, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone without the use of fever-reducing medicine.
  • 01-09-2014, 02:24 PM
ohhh can't an STD cause the same sypmtoms gents???
  • MojoR
  • 01-09-2014, 05:47 PM
ohhh can't an STD cause the same sypmtoms gents??? Originally Posted by 8701
Seriously? Are you trying to be funny or just be a dick? I don't really appreciate the implication that you have made.

If you don't know the common symptoms of STD's try looking on the Mayo Clinic site.

BTW a DR isn't going to write a prescription for Tamiflu without first TESTING you for the flu..
The flu is a bad strain this year, no doubt, and you should take
Measures to avoid getting it,
But.......

http://usahitman.com/frwngafs/
ohhh can't an STD cause the same sypmtoms gents??? Originally Posted by 8701
Yeah, that's probably what it was. Hey good news though, I self-healed...no antibiotics or anything.
Can't you find another thread to go be a cheese-dick on?
I am not reccommending you get take the flu shot or not. That is up to you. However, if you're experiencing flu like symptoms take it very seriously. Btw if you have the flu you are wasting your money getting a flu shot. Originally Posted by Thatdude
Thanks for posting this TD. Everyone needs to take the precautions for better health. Also, Ladies and Gentlemen, please don't hobby if you're sick.

Personally, if I ever feel the slightest cough, ache, or runny rose, then I'm out of business for a whole week until I'm completely healed!
OK, I'll state the obvious if no one else will -- get the fuckin' flu vaccine!! It's crazy not to.

Also, don't overlook the pneumonia vaccine. Lots of folks should have it.

Pneumovax® is 23-valent polysaccharide vaccine (PPVSV23) that is currently recommended for use in all adults who are older than 65 years of age and for persons who are 2 years and older and at high risk for disease (e.g., sickle cell disease, HIV infection, or other immunocompromising conditions). It is also recommended for use in adults 19 through 64 years of age who smoke cigarettes or who have asthma.

http://www.cdc.gov/VACCINES/vpd-vac/...fault.htm#vacc
The flu shot can cause serious health issues and is not as effective as one would hope...

Personally, I don't get flu shots and I don't get the flu. It is possible to build your immune system through nutrition and exercise and not get the flu.

Please read this article and make your own decision about flu shots - 20 Reasons Why The Flu Shot Is More Dangerous Than The Flu:

http://wellnessachiever.net/flu-shot...rous-than-flu/
Oh brother...