RW jobs after prostitution conviction

Can anyone suggest a way for a lady with a prostitution conviction to get a real world job? Is there ANY job out there that doesn't require a background check that would turn up a conviction in Texas?
I would add that if you're a provider who has faced this situation and don't want to say so publicly, please PM me if you have a suggestion that worked for you. And keep in mind that the P in PM stands for PRIVATE.
Go to "Workforce Solutions" there's one in North, South, & East Austin
http://www.wfscapitalarea.com/

They are very helpful & friendly there, and they offer a lot of very useful classes & workshops that cater to people with a "background" and they are free of charge. One is called "Overcoming Barriers to Employment" , which helps folks with that same problem.

I don't know if this list will help any but here you go:

Very good on the research there LM. If they payed there debt to society why it is still hard for them as a felon to get a good job. And you know I mean felonys that are not involved in any a physical harm to another person.
I noticed some employers such as Dell and Motorola. I think some of them might hire if the felony conviciton is 10 years old or older and also depends on the degree of the felony. .

sixx
  • Carl
  • 03-16-2013, 06:28 PM
Prostitution convictions aren't necessarily felonies.
http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/43.02.00.html

The first three times are misdemeanors (the very first time it's a class B misdemeanor, by the third time it's definitely a class A), the fourth conviction it becomes a felony.

My suspicion is that misdemeanor convictions may be more of an uncomfortable shame hurdle the individual goes through, having to reveal it, than a real hurdle to being hired by a company that really needs the help, fewer applications than openings.

Now, if the employer has a ton of applications and just a few openings and can afford to cherry pick, they may use the conviction as a convenient excuse. But without a conviction they could still come up with any number of reasons to not hire someone: underqualified, overqualified, too long of a gap in employment (a real problem for a provider to explain if she's been out of the work force for a while. Makes it seem like a lot of other prospective employers may have seen their application and taken a pass or that they're deliberately withholding the names of past employers with whom they had a very bad work relationship who would give a damning reference. That damage is unfortunately self-inflicted thanks to the off-the-books financial allure of the hobby).
It might be a bit costly but your best bet would be to consult a attorney? I think they might be able to remove it from her record???
Google "expunge felony record" , it's a pretty straight forward process and can be done without a lawyer, but it will take some legwork of your own, but that's fair if your not paying someone to do it for you. I've helped guide a few.. The way I understand the law, you can also regain "right to carry" status if you're a gun fan..
I'm not promoting or even suggesting anyone in particular, but here's an example of a service (in houston) for that exact thing. http://www.laviagelaw.com/criminal_l...FSunPAodJ2AAeQ
Nuglet is right. I was an HR manager for a K-9 security company in Chicago a few years ago. I helped several candidates complete the paperwork needed to have misdemeanor convictions expunged so I could hire them as security officers, and a couple of them qualified to carry sidearms as well.
-
On the other hand, if you have too many convictions, felony convictions, or if the judge denies your request to expunge, there are lots of jobs out there that a former call girl can do that require no background check. Many are not glamorous, but they'll pay the bills. Consider:
Petsitting. The first full year that my second wife did this, she grossed $40,000.
Daycare. Most states don't require licensing unless you have more than two children not your own.
Carny. I've worked in carnivals. They're cash jobs and rarely are you even asked for your last name.
Pizza Delivery. Pick the right restaurant and the right part of town, and you can easily make $15 or $20 an hour.
House Cleaning. Range from $10 to $15 an hour for a short term gig to as much as $150 for an all day job.
Personal Assistant. If you are organized, bright, and energetic, you might be able to find a professional who needs someone to remind them of their wife's birthday, to pick up their cleaning, do their shopping, and make and help them keep their appointments. PAs go far beyond a traditional secretary, and they're generally paid better.
-
These are just a few; there are others, depending on the skills the lady has. For example, show me a lady who knows how cars run, and who knows the difference between a fender and a quarter panel, and I'll show you a potential independent claims adjuster. Show me a lady who has a flair for decorating, and I'll show you a potential freelance interior decorator. Show me a lady who loves to sing or play a particular instrument, and I'll show you a potential freelance music teacher.
-
Nearly everyone has a skill or talent that they take for granted. Any good career counselor or professional HR person can help identify those skills and show someone how to market themselves. All it takes is for the right person to ask the right questions, and a little common sense. For two summers most of my money was made giving private lessons to little league baseball and girls' softball players. I was never a very good player myself, but I had a knack for teaching kids how to play the game properly. We all have something. We just have to identify it.
  • FWR
  • 03-20-2013, 06:40 AM
Most restaurants would hire that person as a server