One step closer to a safer hobby?

Saw this today... http://tinyurl.com/89n8erd

the Food and Drug Administration advisory panel recommended approval of the daily pill Truvada for healthy people who are at high risk of contracting HIV, including gay and bisexual men and heterosexual couples with one HIV-infected person.
L4L
  • ~Ze~
  • 05-10-2012, 06:37 PM
From my understanding of a few articles on this subject - the results were hit or miss for trials in women. So while it may appear to work for men, gay or straight, there is still little hope or science to prove it will work well for women... so far.

Science amazes me every day.
From my understanding of a few articles on this subject - the results were hit or miss for trials in women. So while it may appear to work for men, gay or straight, there is still little hope or science to prove it will work well for women... so far.

Science amazes me every day. Originally Posted by ~Ze~
I guess that's what us guys get for being "simpler."
It just means more pregnancies, herpes and other issues when everyone gets relaxed on HIV
now if we can just get a vaccine or something to stop hep C and the herp we would be straight
This drug will only be administered to people who have life partners with AIDS, and will need to be taken for life. In the UK, the GUM clinics give you something call PEP if you believe you've come in contact with an HIV positive person, and that's only under certain circumstances. It's a 30 day regimen of drugs (Truvada is a part of that cocktail) that you take within 72 hours of contact, and can make you sick as a dog, but it's effective in preventing the onslaught of HIV.

We still have a lot of catching up to do.