Teller or Mutiple ATM Visits

• S-Man
  • 06-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Given some accounts have a daily withdrawal limit, how do you guys deal with that? Do you make a single withdrawal from the teller or frequent the ATM over several days?

When I first joined ASPD years ago, I used to visit a branch so I can get bills larger than $20. That meant either visiting a branch during lunch or finding one with extended hours on my way to the incall. Unfortunately back then, my bank did not have many branches with extended hours.
You can call your bank and increase your withdrawal limit you know . . .

There are also some ATMs that dispense 100s if you prefer. Look for the big money-gram/cashier's check/banking-type machines in some 7-11s. Just find a couple in nice neighborhoods and use those.
  • L.A.
  • 06-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Given some accounts have a daily withdrawal limit, how do you guys deal with that? Do you make a single withdrawal from the teller or frequent the ATM over several days?

When I first joined ASPD years ago, I used to visit a branch so I can get bills larger than $20. That meant either visiting a branch during lunch or finding one with extended hours on my way to the incall. Unfortunately back then, my bank did not have many branches with extended hours. Originally Posted by S-Man

Jesus...just how much are you spending on this hobby?

I just visit my main bank and cash a check from another account I have with another bank....has worked for years.
  • ~Ze~
  • 06-26-2012, 06:19 AM
What is wrong with just going into a local branch and taking out money in person?? Wouldn't that leave less of a location receipt trail?
  • S-Man
  • 06-26-2012, 08:04 AM
What is wrong with just going into a local branch and taking out money in person?? Wouldn't that leave less of a location receipt trail? Originally Posted by ~Ze~
If you visit a local branch, their register will print out a receipt with the branch's info. Whether or not you take it with you is your option.
You can call your bank and increase your withdrawal limit you know . . .... Originally Posted by the_chewtoy
+1
Get cash back every time you go to a grocery store, wal mart, etc. 40 here, 60 there...

That seems to be the most low key method I've found, though it does require you to plan ahead and keep a stash of cash somewhere. I prefer having 20's anyway, makes it easier to tip if I choose.
  • aka
  • 06-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Discover card offers transaction-free/interest-free cash when you use the card in stores but I believe it is limited to $60 per transaction. I use it when I am short a few bucks... nothing like interest-free credit, even if it is only for a few days, to use in the hobby.

I generally prefer to withdraw at the bank to get the higher denomination bills.
Get cash back every time you go to a grocery store, wal mart, etc. 40 here, 60 there... ... Originally Posted by mansfield
So there are people who go to Wal Mart who have 60 extra bucks?

Who knew.

When I first joined ASPD years ago, I used to visit a branch so I can get bills larger than $20. That meant either visiting a branch during lunch or finding one with extended hours on my way to the incall. Unfortunately back then, my bank did not have many branches with extended hours. Originally Posted by S-Man
if the consulting fee i need to pay is less than 400, then i just go to an ATM.
if it's more, i just go into and get it from a teller.
i dont share my checking acct w/ anyone, so no prying eyes who might ask questions every month.

also, unless it's a spur of the moment 1230am consulting session, plan ahead and get to the ATM or branch the day before or day of.

organizing your hobby life bring rewards!!
too bad they are NOT phrequent phucker rewards
or then again, maybe they are!!!
Watch for the stores that don't show a cash refund on your bank records. I think Walmart does not show but Home Depot does. If I am dealing with more that $200 I get larger denomination bills at the teller. It's your money so you don't need to tell her it is to pay a hooker. How ever there is a cute teller at the bank and I tell her it is for some fun. Just to see her blush.
So there are people who go to Wal Mart who have 60 extra bucks?
Yeah, everyone shops at Wal Mart but no one admits it. No one voted for George Bush or Bill Clinton the second times either
I get my food there so I am in the store at least once a week. I found years ago that if I wanted $20 walk around money I could get it there and it won't show on my bank statement.
Yeah, everyone shops at Wal Mart but no one admits it. No one voted for George Bush or Bill Clinton the second times either Originally Posted by mansfield
Something else for all you paranoiacs to consider is the fact that nearly all transactions regardless of where you go are recorded.
I have seen in more than one financial institution the video as well all pertinent transaction data combined into one image. They're not just recording holdups, they have everything that goes on stored on their dvr.

c.a