Business Cards...

Some say the old fashion, face to face recommendation works, some say its a paper trail/risky .... What are your thoughts on this practice?? I haven't seen any in a while...years actually...like two! Pro's and Con's ??

Thanks friends!!!
I actually have a couple of ladies business cards and I got them about 5 years ago. While it's a cute idea and I love having them, I am unattached and have no worries about someone finding them on my desk at home.

I attended a social event several years ago where some of the ladies handed them out. One lady gave out little favors and tied the card to that. Her card had only her hobby handle, a graphic and her phone number. The other cards I picked up were more like regular business cards.
yeah...its been like 3-4 years since I've seen some business cards...it is cute...but wonder if it helps ones business...
  • hd
  • 06-12-2013, 12:24 PM
With just your handle and ph#(hobby phone only), I don't see a problem. Possibly list the sites you subscribe to but that might endanger the sites should LE see the card.
i think it'd be safest if one had a card like Will Smith had in the movie Hitch. http://s2.photobucket.com/user/illfa...JPEG2.jpg.html incredibly simple and minimalist. nothing but a name on one side and a phone number on the back. but unique enough in shape and color to be able to instantly remember who it was for, even a year later, without having to have a job title or business name on it.
  • DinDC
  • 06-12-2013, 05:28 PM
I hate to be a killjoy here, but I've gotten biz cards from providers in the past and I have had to throw them away - sadly, it's a paper trail.

The guys whom you see already have your phone/e-mail/etc on the electronic database of their choosing, and if they want to get back together with you, they know where to find you. They don't need a piece of paper/evidence to remind them, or get them (and maybe you) into trouble...

Biz cards were definitely a class-act 20+ years ago. Now, in 2013, they can become a liability...JMHO.

Cheers,
A_S
I hate to be a killjoy here, but I've gotten biz cards from providers in the past and I have had to throw them away - sadly, it's a paper trail.

The guys whom you see already have your phone/e-mail/etc on the electronic database of their choosing, and if they want to get back together with you, they know where to find you. They don't need a piece of paper/evidence to remind them, or get them (and maybe you) into trouble...

Biz cards were definitely a class-act 20+ years ago. Now, in 2013, they can become a liability...JMHO.

Cheers,
A_S Originally Posted by Another_Schnitzengruben?
I def agree with you on a lot of points ... I was questioning its relevancy being Ive not seen any nor heard of providers using them.
Get creative.

Provider name travel agency
Visit the Greek isles in style
Phone #

Provider name plumbing service
”will have your pipes flowing like new”
Phone #
Get creative.

Provider name travel agency
Visit the Greek isles in style
Phone #

Provider name plumbing service
”will have your pipes flowing like new”
Phone # Originally Posted by rugburn512
Fucking love it ! Hope you didn't copyright any of that...
Fucking love it ! Hope you didn't copyright any of that... Originally Posted by Eva Damita
As long as I get your card, we're cool.
As long as I get your card, we're cool. Originally Posted by rugburn512
Oh is that all ??
...as I leave, fully satisfied. Yes.
I have actually been asked if I have a business card so that the fella would have my number when he came back to town next time. Or it's also good to have them if you're the type of provider who visits hotel bars of an evening to 'network' and/or drum up business. I say go for it. Just put your name and phone number, though... maybe something like "consultant" or something like that.
Thanks Annie!
Maybe if the card was a coupon.....and had your fourth visit of any size is free. Seems its always very hard to book her for that fourth one though..........